Banner Ads Now Showing in Forum Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin

Hall of Famer
Members have never had to see banner ads on the discussion pages (thread view) here at SC, but between 1) a recent close to 50% increase in server costs, 2) a large reduction in affiliate payments from one of our main affiliate partners (Ebay), and 3) attempts to speed site performance by changing the method we use to create affiliate links (so far has decreased affiliate link revenue overall), I've had to think about other ways of creating revenue. A number of members have chosen to support the site via subscription, and that has helped a lot.

I am now putting a limited number of banner ads on the discussion pages. For those who find this objectionable, good options exist including the use of an ad blocker such as AdBlock or becoming a site subscriber (subscribers don't see banner ads).

I can't have a full-on discussion about this here in the forum, as I am worried that doing so could be construed by Google as a violation of their Adsense Terms of Service. If you want to give your input, suggestions, or have any questions, please send me a PM or email.

PS - For what it's worth, I'm keeping the ads on for me (as opposed to off for subscribing members and moderators) so I can make sure that they aren't at a level that I would consider obnoxious as a member. Off course, YMMV and I'm all ears (PM or email)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back