Batist, snails and frogs eater...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Batist, May 16, 2014.

1. Batist

Batist SC Rookie

May 16, 2014
    Chambéry, Savoy, France
    Baptiste Payen
    Hi,

First, I have to warn you that I will do a lot of mistakes in my posts : I've never been attentive to my English teachers. Fortunately you'll not have to hear my awful FRRRench accent !

Is that enough for a presentation ?.. Maybe not...
    I'm a comic artist, illustrator, teacher and photographer... A lot of jobs, but when someone suggest me something funny I have to try !!
    I live in a small town in France, at the door of the Alps, and I practice photography since seven years when I bought my first DSLR. I passed a few years to accumulate pro gear, lenses, flashs, etc... for fun and for my assignments.
    Now I'm trying to sell a lot of that gear because I'm convinced that compact photography is the way to be an efficient photographer in most cases.

I wonder if I will be very active on this forum, but I'll try to post and comment.
    You can see my drawings here : www.batist.fr ,and some of my pictures there : www.photo.batist.fr . I'm also on flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/pbatist/

Have a nice day !

Batist

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome.

Look forward to great photos.

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome. As is often said, your English is far better than my French, with apologies to my french teachers.

4. Batist

Batist SC Rookie

May 16, 2014
    Chambéry, Savoy, France
    Baptiste Payen
    Thanks !

TV series are my best friends to learn English, and google is of course helpful too !

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Batist,
    welcome to the forum and I hope you become an active member.

j'aime vos photos (I hope that's right). Seriously, your flickr stream is stunning. I look forward to soaking it in at work today on a large screen,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Batist

Batist SC Rookie

May 16, 2014
    Chambéry, Savoy, France
    Baptiste Payen
    That's right, even if wrote like that it means more "I love your pictures" than "I like your pictures". But I understood that it's a compliment ! Thank you !

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    well I mean I LOVE your pictures. You shoot the kind of photos that I like, and you do it well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Batist and welcome from Australia - your Flickr page is really impressive.

9. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Stunning work Batist! Hope to see more of you in here.

10. Batist

Batist SC Rookie

May 16, 2014
    Chambéry, Savoy, France
    Baptiste Payen
    Thanks ! I'll try to post some pictures soon !