Best Apps for Iphone (Photo Edits)

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Ghosthunter, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I just got me an iPhone (dragging myself into the 21st century!!) and have downloaded Snapspeed from Nik Software & FX Photo Studio. Any others any good? I like ones that look like polaroid images and making images look old like they were shot in the 70's...badly!! :wink:

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Andy... Get the Hipstamatic kit.
    You'll love it.... It's at the app store

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  4. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    BB, how do you get the Histamatic images to Lightroom? They won't save in the Camera Roll on the iPhone, at least the 3Gs version. Where/how do you save them so they can be transferred to your computer for processing?

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    What I do is email them in their largest size to myself and then download them to my desktop...and then import to Lightroom, Chuck. I have the 3G iPhone, but I believe they are in my Camera Roll.

6. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    BB, if they're in your camera roll, you could transfer them to your desktop via Dropbox or another file sharing app. However, if they're not in the camera roll, the e-mail trick may be your best bet. I'm also going to try direct upload to Flickr from Hipstamatic, then download from Flickr to computer and/or iPad. Bit of a PITA, but it's a fun app for sure!

7. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Found my problem; needed to reset my iPhone. Hipstamatic images now in camera roll. Easy transfer to iPad and desktop a couple ways!

8. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Hipstamatic.... AWESOME!!!

Thanks guys!! Whoop!

9. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    I really like Snapseed, probably the one I use most.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I've used Snapseed for a month or so on my iPad and love it! Just added it to my iPhone (for free because of iPad version ownership) and use it on iPhone when I want to post a photo quickly. A lot tougher to use on the small screen, but still a great tool!

11. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Yep, I downloaded snapspeed also, great app!!

12. nursenicole

nursenicole SC Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    Boston
    Instagram is fun too, although much more limited in customization - it's great for a quick effect added to a photo, then can upload to tumblr/facebook/whatever. the cosmic ladybug <---me :smile: