1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best Buy Gift Card: Nikon V1 or Fuji X10?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Biro, May 5, 2012.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I thought I was going to burn a $150 Best Buy gift card on a new cell phone, but it turns out I got a great deal on an upgrade at the T-Mobile store. So I still have a $150 Best Buy gift card left over from Christmas. I noticed they have the Nikon V1 with the 10-30mm zoom on sale for $799 and the Fujifilm X10 is still $598. So, for me, that would be $649 for the V1 with normal zoom and $448 for the X10. Which would you go for and why? Mind you, I have a Panasonic G3, an Olympus E-PM1 and an older Panny LX3. For a while, I was seriously considering a Sony NEX 5N body only that I would mate with the new Sigma 19mm and 30mm primes. While that would be a fun experiment, I'm cooling on that a bit as I can see that running into more money in the long run.

2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    X10. But I'd wait until Fuji puts in the new sensors first. V1 is nice, but you already have two speedy cameras in the G3 and EPM1.

3. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Thanks. I hope the new sensors arrive very soon. And I hope we learn the serial number of the first camera with the new chip.