1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best memory for RX1R

Discussion in 'Sony RX1 Forum' started by Stu Jeffcoat, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Stu Jeffcoat

Stu Jeffcoat New to SC

Jan 4, 2016
    Stu
    Hi All. I just got my RX1R a few days ago second hand with an EVF, good grip etc. It has taken around 1,200 shots. Very excited as I am off to Buenos Aires end of this week for 2 weeks holiday - from NZ. I'm going to tak a lot of great (I hope) photos.

What are a few options for the best SD card in terms of both speed and size? And what size should I get? I am just looking at the trade-off between size and speed vs the price.

Also should I use the Zeiss UV filter as a lens protector or not? My brother inlaw says no - but...???

Thanks in advance - and a belated happy new year.
    Stu

2. ccrevasse

ccrevasse SC Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
    Chris Crevasse
    I've been using a 32 GB SanDisk Extreme SD card in my RX1 for three years. It has been fine, and large enough to easily hold all images from my various week-long vacations . . . but I don't know how prolific a shooter you are. When I travel, I also carry a 1TB Sanho Colorspace portable hard drive that I periodically use to back up my SD card. I don't delete any images from the SD card until I return home and am able to transfer them to my computer. Re the UV filter, I've had a B+W MRC UV filter on my RX1 since day one, plus a collapsible rubber lens hood. I sometimes think the UV filter increases flare slightly, but nevertheless I enjoy the (perhaps misplaced) peace of mind the UV filter provides.