better say hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by nick marshall, Apr 2, 2011.

1. nick marshall

nick marshall New to SC

Mar 10, 2011
    better say hello, before I get told off that my first post was a reply to someone after a viewfinder.

been around cameras most of my life, now 57. looking for the perfect camera for me. thought it was the the Leica D-lux 5, but had 2 already, and by the time I buy a case, finder and grip it's nearly £1000, so I sell it and buy something cheaper, then want something better, so I buy an X1. just advertised that!

can't be the only one out there, can i?

anyway, great site.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    G'day Nick. No you're not alone mate. I also ventured here with my LX5 in hand, but we parted ways soon after. I was THIS close to getting the Leica X-1, but after a little research and a lot of umming and arring I opted for the Sigma DP2s. Very, very happy with my camera choice and this site. Great folks on here.

Hope to see some posts from your X-1.
  3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    Hello and welcome Nick.
  4. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Nick, welcome here. As to me I look forward to a DP camera...
  5. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

You're are most definitely not the only one. Your description of yourself could be applied to any one of us.
  6. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express
  7. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
  8. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    yo, Nick, welcome
    cheers, Pete
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Nick and welcome from Australia.
  10. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

Dang...where are my manners? WELCOME to the board.
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Hey, Nick, welcome. You wouldn't have been told off, but you would have been invited over here to say hello, so you beat us to it.:wink: And here's another voice, telling you you're not alone. I'm looking for my perfect camera, as well. Thought it was the Leica X1 - it was awfully close, but I sold it quite a while back and am waiting for what I hope will be my own version of the perfect camera to arrive.

If you want to, you may certainly list your items for sale here, just be sure to review this sticky post**read-post-before-using-marketplace**-19/

Hope to see some of your photographs around here, soon.:thumbup:
  12. bluelans

bluelans New to SC

Mar 22, 2011
    Hi Nick ,glad to see you at here