Big Freeze image thread

Thanks, pal. The sun finally came out late yesterday afternoon...and since our temperatures are supposed to be rising, I figured I'd better get a picture to remember it all.;)

Taken this morning on the way to work just down the road a bit from where we live. Actually, it was pretty nice outside with the temperature in the mid-twenties. This is a "piece" of Burke Mountain Academy where a number of our alpine and nordic Olympic skiers were schooled.
FX-1, ISO400, LR5, Silver Efex Pro 2.
. . . David

Attachments

• BMA (1 of 1).jpg
    BMA (1 of 1).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 125
That's a cool sculpture - is that a real person behind there or another sculpture? It almost looks as though they're cross country skiing.

Our driveway is like a luge today...hope I don't end up in the river!

After something like 6 or 8 small/midsized snow storms, we're getting rain (yesterday) and temps in the high 40's to high 50's. There was at least 6 inches of dense sludgy stuff everywhere, drifts more like 3 feet, and it's all starting melt. It's going to be a disgusting week I think.

The big thaw is starting for real, but I went for the most terrifying walk I can remember this morning. Despite sunny temps near 50, the sidewalks and alleys and even parts of the streets were incredibly hazardous to try to walk on. Good traction interspersed with sections of wet glare ice, some of it visible, plenty not. So I took a VERY short walk for a couple of hours this morning and managed to get home without any serious mishaps, but plenty of slips and slides. All with the Df and a 28mm lens. Man, if the RX1 had a 24-28 instead of a 35, I think I might have kept it forever...

12659555024_b69d68b669_b.jpg

sunny snow-73-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

sunny snow-74-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

12658926693_bdbf390aae_b.jpg

sunny snow-76-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

12659272774_497d046340_b.jpg

sunny snow-67-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 86106
sunny snow-78-Edit-2 by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

I hear ya, Ray - our driveway is a luge run!

A beautiful day, indeed. I'm glad you didn't take a header!

Love your black and white of the church, though all are very well done.

Back