1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Bird of Paradise Plant and Egg

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by TheRubySusan, Nov 20, 2013.

1. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I NEED a link to the famous photo of the Bird of Paradise plant (blossom) and egg so I can make a joke on Facebook (you see how vital this is:smile:!)

I'm pretty sure it's dada, because I had one of my few revelations about artistic intent when a lecturer mentioned that dada delighted in puns, and I asked myself, "Which came first, the bird of paradise plant or the egg?" I thought it was Man Ray, but I looked through Man Ray photos in Google images until Batman started showing up and the bird of paradise blossom didn't present itself.

Can anyone help me out off the top of his/her head?

2. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    I have no idea. :confused:

Max Ernst? Salvador Dali?

3. Google images

4. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I did. I gave up on one search term when it turned up a raccoon digging up turtle eggs, and on another when it started showing me eggplants!

5. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Central California
    Chris
    I get it. A trick. It doesn't exist.

The results from Google images -- just tiles and tiles of unrelated images prompt a deep and existential inner-self search for computer generated best guesses as to what could be considered art with an egg in a flower blossom by a dadaist.

You win today, internets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    It does too exist. But your story is so good I'm considering sticking to it!
    Anyway, with my memory, it's probably by Ansel Adams for Group 64!

• Like Like x 1