Black & White dog (Great Dane) with black & white camera.

D

dalethorn

A spontaneous opportunity to photograph this dog, but the dog was quite busy with admirers and was very animated. Not an ideal match for 1/15 sec. handheld, but several bursts produced one good image. f0.95, 1/15, ISO 800. DOF was extremely shallow, made complicated by guessing distance.

Bw_Great_Dane02_s.jpg

Looks like I might like it Dale but its a rather small image . Could I suggest you post the largest size possible on this forum of 1024 (longest dimension)
Cheers

No I get a bigger image, but I also find having to click through offputting.

I got this technique from the admin on another Leica forum, who explained that it's the only practical way to post them on forums that don't auto-resize. I tried photobucket and Imageshack, but with my iPad they were a nightmare to work with. So since both small and large images reside on my website, this leverages both and is generic to all forums. If I were able to resize, many of the landscape images would be useless.

When I click I see part of a big image loading up but it resizes to smaller than 1024

It seems from the different experiences that the forum is interacting differently with each computer. With my computers, when I click on the small image, a popup comes up in a smallish window, then when I maximize that window I see that it's the original full size image.

When I click on it via my MacBook Pro, I get a nice sized photograph. I love the picture, too. Great Danes are so calm and there's something about this one's expression, markings and tongue that make me really fall for him. Lovely choice of depth of field.

We had a Great Dane just like that when I was a child. A lovely dog and a lovely photo.

I checked your flickr photos - excellent and many good ideas there. The black and whites are really good, but the color portraits of Zulma are special - something that I'm sure will be treasured for a long time.

I think I'd be ok with my G12. I think it's just big enough that my Great Dane Juneau can't swallow it whole. She can swallow a Chuck-it ball whole though. Ask me how I know. And that' a none chewed up one. She's a Mantle. And as soon as my new to me X-100s arrives I'll do some B&W of her to post!!!

Back