Bold for unread posts and forums?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by kyteflyer, Jan 23, 2012.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I rely very much upon the bold type to tell me which threads I have read and which I haven't. I've been noticing lately that the vB software seems to randomly choose to unbold stuff I haven't read, as soon as I go into a particular area. For example, I clicked into something (I forget what now) from the sidebar, which was bolded, but inside the forum itself it had become unbolded. When I returned to the main forum page, *everything* was unbolded except for two threads: There were at least 6 or 7 prior to my entry via that click.

Like everyone else, I haven't the time (or the will, really) to comb through every single thread in the forum, and as a result I feel like I am missing out on recent posts.

Is there a setting which can be changed to keep unread in bold until you have actually read it? please? BEGBEGBEG!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Country Parson

Country Parson SC Top Veteran

Apr 5, 2011
    North Carolina
    Dan
    I have noticed this too, and have the same question as Sue.

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I will say that I do not believe this is a new bug since the upgrade. I was actually thinking that it was working a bit better, but now I'll pay more attention.

We'll have to wait to see what our site meister, Amin, has to say.

Thank you for posting in here, Sue and you, too, Dan.

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Its just happened again (seemed to be going ok for a while). There was a whole column of unread on the right, and after I had viewed/commented on about 3-4, ALL of them became unbolded. So now I have to comb through manually but I'm just about to go out so will have to put it on hold til later.

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yup, it seems to be a common occurrence. I use the "ALL" tab, once I've lost the "bolding"...but I know that's not what you want to do or to hear.

6. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    I havent noticed it but like Sue I rely on the right hand column every day to see what's newly posted and commented on, would hate to see it not working for me.

7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I have the same problem.

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Seems to have recovered itself again. I think this is the most annoying thing, its completely random when its going to happen, and what its going to unbold. weird.

9. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    Thanks BB for mentioning the 'ALL' tab I've never noticed it before stupid stupid me......much easier way of finding new comments.

• Like Like x 1