Feedback Brainstorming a new name for the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the sound of photo pub...
Bill, what exactly do you mean with public house? Because wikipedia has it as the formal name for a (drinking) pub, which seems to be exactly what Amin is shooting for...

I like the sound of photo pub...
Bill, what exactly do you mean with public house? Because wikipedia has it as the formal name for a (drinking) pub, which seems to be exactly what Amin is shooting for...

I'm trying to flag up inadvertent negatives - words that don't "travel well".

Anyone who has walked across the carpeted floor of a "boozer" (pub), their feet sticking with every step, their nostrils assailed by the sickly sweet smell of generations of pints slopped, to order a pint at a bar that last saw polish in the reign of George VI will understand what I mean. pubs can be upmarket "gastropubs", too, beloved of those with more money than sense. Then there are the modern "drinking barns", where students spend their grants on a Friday night... And let's not forget the pubs with 60" tvs showing Sky Sports...

No, "pub" doesn't give me the fuzzies.

...if you want to go down that route, what about "The Light Lounge", or "Cafe Photo"? Or how about "f8 and be here", "Close Enough", "Eye Level", "In Focus", "Hand-held", or "The Lightbox"? "In the Zone", "The Fabulous Bokeh Boys", "Witness", "Unfiltered" "Less is Moire", "Monopod", "The Gadget Bag"?

Or we could just go all Phil Collins - "No Tripod Required".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back