Bravo Canon!

Discussion in 'Canon EOS M Forum' started by entropic remnants, Sep 10, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    The price/peformance ratio of this lens is amazing. This would be something that would make the EOS-M a much better system camera with a quite good ultrawide at a bargain price. This lens outperforms a perennial favorite of mine the Tokina 11-16mm in terms of IQ I think.

DXOmark review here: DxOMark - Canon EF-M 11-22mm f4-5.6 IS STM lens review: good all round performer

Not sure why Canon doesn't sell it in the US though. Sheesh.

2. Biro

Biro SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I think I read that they're not bringing it into the U.S. because the M is all but dead in this market. I don't know if that's true. But if it is, Canon should take a leson from Fuji's book and continue to work to improve the M line via firmware updates.

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    I have the 18-55 kit zoom as well as the 22 and I can't complain about Canon optics. If they would keep supporting the M system in the US I might think about buying another.

4. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    I've used and flipped (thank you Canon USA for not selling this lens) 4 copies. All of them have been great and the IQ seems much better than the 9-18mm Olympus that I bought a couple weeks back, though some of that could be sensor based. It's a great wide-angle lens.

5. afrat

afrat SC Rookie

Sep 14, 2013
    Are you flipping them in the states? How are you getting a hold of them?

6. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    The Great White North, eh.

7. MingTyhMaa

MingTyhMaa New to SC

Oct 13, 2013
    Lafayette, CA
    Hello,
    I have a Panasonic GH3 and Panasonic 7-14. I've always liked the features that Magic Lantern brought to the Canon bodies, including focus peaking and automatic bracketing. Has anyone switched from the Panasonic 7-14 to Eos M with the 11-22? I'm being thempted by current prices.