Bricks

Michael T

Top Veteran
Name
Michael
I recently made a trip back to my hometown to deal with a family matter and while I was there I took the camera along on my morning walks around town. Galesburg was founded in 1836 and has some wonderful old buildings and architecture. There was a brick factory there, which was closed even by the time I was born, I used to go fishing in the old clay pits in my youth. The town though still shows off the brick well, some of it well over 150 years old, brick buildings, brick streets, brick sidewalks and brick houses. Thus the theme; Bricks.

P1010083-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Original Purington Brick sidewalk

P1010016-X2.jpg

Painted Brick Warehouse

P1010018-X2.jpg

Paint It Red

P1010044-X2.jpg

Brick Street in front of the restored Orpheum Theatre

P4130151-X2.jpg

Artsy Alley

P4130145-X2.jpg

Alley Art

P1010045-X2.jpg

Antique Mall, Main and Seminary

P4130143-X2.jpg

Cherry Street Alley

P1010082-X2.jpg

Brick Arch Door, Church

P1010025-X2.jpg

Herringbone Brick Walkway to Old Main, Knox College Campus

All the photos were shot with E-M5 and 20mm Panasonic, which fit in my pocket pretty well on my morning walks. I was packing light and only brought one lens on the trip, wished I had brought one of the wides along for the alleys, I guess I will have to go back.

A few more shots over on Smugmug....
Brick - michaelterpening

Thanks for looking, Mike

Last edited:
Nice set. I like the one of the Orpheum theatre. It great to see something like that still in use. So many old theaters just get torn down or repurposed to store front.

Nice set. I like the one of the Orpheum theatre. It great to see something like that still in use. So many old theaters just get torn down or repurposed to store front.

Thanks Don, I spent many hot summer afternoons in the cool darkness of the Orpheum beating the heat at the afternoon matinee. The theater was actually donated to the city of Galesburg by the last owner in the 80's. Had it's hundredth birthday last year.

History...The Orpheum Theatre - Galesburg, Illinois

Back