1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bryce Canyon

Discussion in 'Nature' started by wt21, Mar 27, 2014.

1. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Shot with Sony RX100

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458115764/in/photostream/player/" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458121464/in/photostream/player/" width="450" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458126154/in/photostream/player/" width="450" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13457886813/in/photostream/player/" width="800" height="313" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458137654/in/photostream/player/" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like Like x 16
  2. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Such a beautiful place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    A beautiful part of the world, with Zion just up the road. My favorite quote about Bryce, from a rancher who's place was nearby, "A hell of a place to lose a cow"... I'd say so!

-Ray

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Love those shots, particularly those that include the moon!

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    What an amazing landscape. My favourite is the wide-format image with the moon in it.

As an aside, does anyone else find that images posted using the new embedded flickr image codes take an age to load?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I noticed that these did, but each of these is embedded with a whole "photostream player" or something included with them. So you can click through his whole photo-stream from each.

I just tried it with a random flickr shot of mine (embedded as a single shot, not a whole photostream) and it seemed to load pretty instantly. (I removed it so as not to hijack the thread any further with my unrelated shot) So I think that was the optional photo-stream player used in the OP that was slowing it down...

-Ray

7. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow! What beautiful views - can't wait to go over to your Flickrstream and bask in the dramatic beauty! Were you just out there for a trip? I've never been, but hope to. And all done with the little Sony - very impressive, Bill

• Like Like x 1
  9. CapoDave

CapoDave SC Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Mission Viejo Ca
    Dave Kavlich
    Beautiful set Bill.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Bill,

Do you do any stacking or HDR with these?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Been a while since I've been there, but have fond memories for a week long hiking trip through this area.

Great shots, thanks for the memories.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    This was only the RX100. The last three were taken after sunset, and I'm certain the moon shots were auto-HDR in-cam by the Sony. Likely EV level 3. Probably a little shadow lift in post.

13. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Hmmmm... My first time posting from the "new" flickr, and I see the problem. Once I get back to my home computer, I'll try to re-do them with just single images. Sorry for the wrong link.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Ok. I was about to say, I didn't remember the RX100 having that much DR.

• Like Like x 1
  15. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Great shots - Beautiful place.

• Like Like x 1
  16. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Thanks for sharing these. Brings back good memories from the last time I visited.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

Thanks for sharing.. Been a long time since I was last there. My wife and I hit Zion and Bryce on the same trip.

Gary

18. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    I gotta get back into Flight Simulator....:smile: