Bryce Canyon

Discussion in 'Nature' started by wt21, Mar 27, 2014.

1. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Shot with Sony RX100

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458115764/in/photostream/player/" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458121464/in/photostream/player/" width="450" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458126154/in/photostream/player/" width="450" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13457886813/in/photostream/player/" width="800" height="313" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/98981882@N05/13458137654/in/photostream/player/" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like Like x 16
  2. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Such a beautiful place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    A beautiful part of the world, with Zion just up the road. My favorite quote about Bryce, from a rancher who's place was nearby, "A hell of a place to lose a cow"... I'd say so!

-Ray

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Love those shots, particularly those that include the moon!

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    What an amazing landscape. My favourite is the wide-format image with the moon in it.

As an aside, does anyone else find that images posted using the new embedded flickr image codes take an age to load?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I noticed that these did, but each of these is embedded with a whole "photostream player" or something included with them. So you can click through his whole photo-stream from each.

I just tried it with a random flickr shot of mine (embedded as a single shot, not a whole photostream) and it seemed to load pretty instantly. (I removed it so as not to hijack the thread any further with my unrelated shot) So I think that was the optional photo-stream player used in the OP that was slowing it down...

-Ray

7. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow! What beautiful views - can't wait to go over to your Flickrstream and bask in the dramatic beauty! Were you just out there for a trip? I've never been, but hope to. And all done with the little Sony - very impressive, Bill

• Like Like x 1
  9. CapoDave

CapoDave SC Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Mission Viejo Ca
    Dave Kavlich
    Beautiful set Bill.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Bill,

Do you do any stacking or HDR with these?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Been a while since I've been there, but have fond memories for a week long hiking trip through this area.

Great shots, thanks for the memories.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    This was only the RX100. The last three were taken after sunset, and I'm certain the moon shots were auto-HDR in-cam by the Sony. Likely EV level 3. Probably a little shadow lift in post.

13. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Hmmmm... My first time posting from the "new" flickr, and I see the problem. Once I get back to my home computer, I'll try to re-do them with just single images. Sorry for the wrong link.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Ok. I was about to say, I didn't remember the RX100 having that much DR.

• Like Like x 1
  15. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Great shots - Beautiful place.

• Like Like x 1
  16. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Thanks for sharing these. Brings back good memories from the last time I visited.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

Thanks for sharing.. Been a long time since I was last there. My wife and I hit Zion and Bryce on the same trip.

Gary

18. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    I gotta get back into Flight Simulator....:smile: