1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Burgess Falls

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Djarum, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    All shots taken with an E-P1 and kit zoom lens.

Burgess Falls in Tennessee. About 80 feet high. This is from a lookout.

P9073332_scale.JPG

This actually requires a pretty hard hike down to get this shot. I could have gone farther, but it was dangerous.

P9073318_scale.JPG

And this one was one hiking down to Falls Creek Falls, also in Tennessee. I didn't get any good one's of the falls. In general, the day I took these was really a frustrating day considering how hard the hike was. But this caught my attention for some reason.

P9063215_scale.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Nice scenes - shadows could be opened a bit in post-processing - very impressive.

3. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Thanks.

Shadows in which image? The two watefall images are pretty much how I saw them. The shadows in the last image make the image interesting. I suppose I could open those up a bit though.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Jason, I see a rainbow in your first! What a beautiful place - and I'm so glad you had the sun with you, too. I feel good when I look at these pictures - and wish I were there, as well.:smile:

5. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    BB,

Thanks.

Yes, I did catch a rainbow from the water spray. There are also two people at the bottom of the falls. It was a really nice day. We went up there Labor Day weekend. This is near Cookville, TN. They were in drought, so some of the other falls weren't even running. We've had a pretty crappy fall here in N. Alabama and Tennessee because of drought.

• Like Like x 1