Bushy Beard

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Petach, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    This type of beard is all the rage in the UK amongst the young men. Quite disconcerting to see someone straight from wet nursing to critter bearing full set!

14320161180_73957e48dc_c. Hirsuit Harrry by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    It's the same in Holland. I've had a beard for ages, but unfortunately it's not dense enough to make a long bushy one like that :tongue: great shot by the way

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Creative facial hair is still the norm here but the full Grizzly Adams is deeply respected.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Dilettantes the lot of 'em ... by contrast, Bob (Landshark), now he's really got it going on

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    how long until we see the beard combover?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Damn, you're onto my secret!

I've had a beard part time since I could grow one. But, with rare exception over the years, I've had a full beard in the cold months and shave it down to a goat or mustache in the warmer months. Haven't let it get really bushy in about 30 years. I like it bushy well enough, but there's that gross in-between stage I can't seem to bust through, so I keep it pretty trim most of the time. Same with my hair, back when I had some. I let it grow really long as a kid, but once I cut it, I couldn't ever get through that intermediate stage to let it get long again. Now that I don't have any on top anyway, I tend to keep the rest pretty short out of deference to the feelings of the top - the top gets pretty bummed at its inability to grow any and it doesn't like the sides and back showing off!

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Pete - love your description
    - and I also like your photo very much...it would be a great ad for, um, beards or men's grooming "products", as they refer to hair "pomades" etc., over here in the colonies!

Ray, pleeeeeeeeeeeze - too much information, as they say!:biggrin:

8. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I can't help thinking "wolverine" every time I see a bushy beard like this. I see David Beckham is now sporting whiskers...... don't think it does anything for him.

9. greyelm

greyelm SC Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    London, England
    Love the picture, the colours work really well together. I always enjoy your posts Pete, keep 'em coming.

10. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Lol. I've Had a goattee with stache since I was 16. I've only shaved if fully off a few times since then. It never gets too long.

11. qhs232

qhs232 SC Regular

Oct 6, 2013
    Metro Detroit
    Gary
    Nice pic!

Last time with significant facial hair was a full beard at 22; girlfriend liked, then girlfriend didn't like.......new girlfriend didn't like....shaved beard.

12. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    I have had this bushy beard for more years than I can remember Menew_zpsec1325fc.

• Like Like x 2
  13. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Bob, that's one righteous beard.