By the Heat of the Moon

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by entropic remnants, Sep 16, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Fuji X-E1, tripod, Fuji XF 14mm f/2.8. Stopped to get this on my way home from a later-than-usual night at work. Yes, it's from a JPG.

The glow to the left is Philadelphia/Chester, PA; and to the right is Wilmington, DE.

The tower on the far hill is an old watchtower from the historic Granoque estate of the DuPont family.

By the Heat of the Moon by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 11
  2. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Looks awesome!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    When night shines like the day.. stunning. And after a long, long day I'm going to bed. Thank you for lighting the way to dreams of moon magic.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Very pretty.

All that cheese is gonna melt...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    You have an eye for colours, John. This particular combination makes it extra special indeed. Beautiful!

Out of curiosity: so you live on the "other side" of the Delaware River? I used to pass Chester and Wilmington when I drove from Princeton, NJ to Williamsburg, VA and v.v. I drove the 295 a couple of times but mostly the 95. Still remember the beautiful sunrises when I drove down.

Anyway, let me say again how much I like this photo!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Checked out the EXIF and saw "Brandywine" and I'm immediately transported to The Shire, which is appropriate in this image, I think. :smile:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. bluzcity

bluzcity SC Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Well timed. The tiny stars + color make this one for me. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Neiltluck

Neiltluck SC Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Derbyshire, England
    Neil Luck
    Wow what a cracking image!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SeriousCompacts mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  9. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Thanks, all!

Brent, it's amazing how much the Earth turns in 30 seconds. Viewed at high magnification, the stars have made distinct though tiny trails through the sky. Next time I need to up the ISO a little and drop the time down to get closer to "points".