1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Caguas through Twin Lenses

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by ajramirez, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    • Like Like x 5
  2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Another set of beautiful light and atmosphere, Antonio. I especially like #4.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    More MF Goodness! Really like the carousel one!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Thanks all!

Cheers,

Antonio

5. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    #2 and #3 are my fav. The opened lack and unfinished hole adds a lot of thought to #2. #1 is nicely exposed and framed but just lacks drama. What's your workflow to final digital image?

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  6. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Develop in D76 diluted 1:1 at room temperature, which this time was 84F, reducing the development time by 15 seconds for each degree in excess of 68F, for a development time of 6 1/2 minutes. Initial agitation for 5 seconds and for 5 seconds every 30 seconds thereafter. Kodak Indicator Stop Bath for 30 seconds, continuous agitation, and fixing using Kodak fixer for 8 minutes. Washing and final rinse with Photo Flo.

Scanned using an Epson V500 and Epson Scan. Using Professional Mode, scanned as a B&W negative, 48 bit (otherwise, I cannot use Silver Efex if I need to), 3200dpi, auto exposure on, unsharp mask off. I play with the levels if the highlights or shadows look clipped. Save as TIFF.

Open in PS CS5. Wide radius Unsharp mask (10-15%, Radius 60, Threshold 0), Unsharp mask (150%, Radius 3.0, Threshold 1), Curves adjustment layer and B&W adjustment layer (otherwise, they have a slight tone to them). If control points are needed, skip the curves and B&W adjustment layers and open in Silver Efex. I believe I used Silver Efex on photos 3 and 4.

Print on Epson Premium Photo Luster paper on an Epson 3800.

That's all!

Thanks!

Antonio

7. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Thanks, your warmer temp will increase the grain a bit (but you already know that). I mainly was wondering about your scanning process/equipment as I'm looking for a scanner.

Gary

8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    It's wonderful how the film/processing have opened up the shadows.

9. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    • Like Like x 4