Caguas through Twin Lenses

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by ajramirez, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ajramirez

ajramirez SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    • Like Like x 5
  2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Another set of beautiful light and atmosphere, Antonio. I especially like #4.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    More MF Goodness! Really like the carousel one!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ajramirez

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Thanks all!

Cheers,

Antonio

5. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    #2 and #3 are my fav. The opened lack and unfinished hole adds a lot of thought to #2. #1 is nicely exposed and framed but just lacks drama. What's your workflow to final digital image?

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  6. ajramirez

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Develop in D76 diluted 1:1 at room temperature, which this time was 84F, reducing the development time by 15 seconds for each degree in excess of 68F, for a development time of 6 1/2 minutes. Initial agitation for 5 seconds and for 5 seconds every 30 seconds thereafter. Kodak Indicator Stop Bath for 30 seconds, continuous agitation, and fixing using Kodak fixer for 8 minutes. Washing and final rinse with Photo Flo.

Scanned using an Epson V500 and Epson Scan. Using Professional Mode, scanned as a B&W negative, 48 bit (otherwise, I cannot use Silver Efex if I need to), 3200dpi, auto exposure on, unsharp mask off. I play with the levels if the highlights or shadows look clipped. Save as TIFF.

Open in PS CS5. Wide radius Unsharp mask (10-15%, Radius 60, Threshold 0), Unsharp mask (150%, Radius 3.0, Threshold 1), Curves adjustment layer and B&W adjustment layer (otherwise, they have a slight tone to them). If control points are needed, skip the curves and B&W adjustment layers and open in Silver Efex. I believe I used Silver Efex on photos 3 and 4.

Print on Epson Premium Photo Luster paper on an Epson 3800.

That's all!

Thanks!

Antonio

7. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Thanks, your warmer temp will increase the grain a bit (but you already know that). I mainly was wondering about your scanning process/equipment as I'm looking for a scanner.

Gary

8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    It's wonderful how the film/processing have opened up the shadows.

9. ajramirez

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    • Like Like x 4