Calling em5 users

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Ripleysbaby, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Just a quick question about the display. I've just taken delivery of a mint em5 kit, I've spent 4 hours reading the manual and the David Busch book , along with playing with the menus in the camera. The question is
    Why does the ISO insist on flashing in the displays and how can I stop it flashing. Thanks.
    I'm sure this camera is a great bit of kit, I bought it so I could keep shooting in our lovely wet climate. But it's feeling a bit ott for me.
    Perhaps I should just use it as a point and shoot in auto. But would this address the annoying flashing ISO display.
    Thanks if you can help.
    Got to say the stabilisation on this is unbelievably good !

2. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I don't have mine in front of me, but I believe the camera is telling you that the ISO is not set high enough to properly expose the shot. What mode are you in?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Aperture priority. I think I've found out why.
    I think it flashes when the high limit on auto iso Is set to 3200. I've just lowered it to 2500 and no flashing.

4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Oh yeah, and I meant to say "the camera thinks" the ISO is not enough.

I am almost always in A priority mode and then manually select the ISO. The only thing I have blinking is sometimes the shutter speed when I max out during daytime. I close down the lens a bit, drop to 1/4000 or slower, and the blinking stops.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    First time I'd heard of this since my auto ISO is usually set at 1600 and I deal with anything higher manually. I guess they figured that 2500 is their highest "recommended" value.

• Like Like x 1