Cambridge UK - Street/Candid 12052012

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Petach, May 12, 2012.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Nice set, Pete. I was a bit surprised to see the last two were taken with your 5DII.

2. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    easy explanation.......one of my companions borrowed the GRD3 to try it out. I had the 5d as backup. It was a camera club day out (Great Notley Photographic Club. check out GNPC | Great Notley Photography Club) for the street shoot special interest group. I am the lead for the group and I extol the virtues of the GRD3 for street work.

The ony other compact camera user (out of 10 of us) was a Leica X1 user. The others were all Nikanon users.

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    OH! sorry, the reason for my surprise was that the GRD shots seemed to be as good as. I wasn't pixel peeping but here, and on flickr, the GRD shots present as well as the Canon ones do :)

4. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    ahhhh, I see. Well, with Parkinson tremor in my left hand I find I can operate the grd one handed (r/h) The 5d 24/105 combo is a 2 handed job and an element of tremor is always evident. The IS on this lens cannot cope. now. the 70-200 f2.8 is a whole fifferent matter, a 4 stop IS is brilliant for me.......but not really covert enough. grd wins eh?

cheers