Cambridge UK - Street/Candid 12052012

Nice set, Pete. I was a bit surprised to see the last two were taken with your 5DII.

easy explanation.......one of my companions borrowed the GRD3 to try it out. I had the 5d as backup. It was a camera club day out (Great Notley Photographic Club. check out GNPC | Great Notley Photography Club) for the street shoot special interest group. I am the lead for the group and I extol the virtues of the GRD3 for street work.

The ony other compact camera user (out of 10 of us) was a Leica X1 user. The others were all Nikanon users.

cheers

OH! sorry, the reason for my surprise was that the GRD shots seemed to be as good as. I wasn't pixel peeping but here, and on flickr, the GRD shots present as well as the Canon ones do :)

ahhhh, I see. Well, with Parkinson tremor in my left hand I find I can operate the grd one handed (r/h) The 5d 24/105 combo is a 2 handed job and an element of tremor is always evident. The IS on this lens cannot cope. now. the 70-200 f2.8 is a whole fifferent matter, a 4 stop IS is brilliant for me.......but not really covert enough. grd wins eh?

cheers

Back