Camden Fox

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by biglouis, May 11, 2014.

1. biglouis

biglouis SC Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    Fox in the garden - an opportunity to use the Lumix 100-300. Incidentally, these were all shot at iso3200 and speeds as low as 1/60th as they were shot just after sunset in the thickening dusk.

• Like Like x 10
  2. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    That is a beautiful animal.

I find it amazing that you get wildlife in your backyard like this. I do sometimes encounter foxes during my nightly walks with my cats and dog but they always stay in the distance.
  3. Rhino123

Rhino123 SC Veteran

May 11, 2014
    Tiew Chong Yi
    Great shots.

I do hope to encounter some wildlife in my back yards... The most I have seen is a couple of birds... and if you count the amount of spiders. Even our parks lacked of these animals.
  4. biglouis

biglouis SC Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    Thanks for the comments. This type of animal is the 'urban fox' which is quite prevalent in the UK. There is some quite interesting research on them if you Google and they have established themselves in terms of territories. Some people see them as pests as the have a penchant for mindless destruction. As our garden is not a 'shrine' (although my wife is a keen gardener) we don't care so much and are much happier to have the opportunity to see wildlife like this close up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Great results there.
  6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    What a beauty! You're fortunate, indeed, to get these - both the animals and the pictures. We have foxes around here but they keep their distance...and sport black "socks" on their legs.
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I'm afraid I may end up with that Lumix 100-300 again.
  8. biglouis

biglouis SC Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    It is the only reason I have not sold my GH-2 - it is the only m43rds lens I have left. The reason is quite simple: it is so convenient to have a 600mm lens on hand. You never know when you might need it :smile: