1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Came back for a look

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by texascbx, Sep 3, 2014.

1. texascbx

texascbx SC Veteran

Jul 10, 2010
    Canton Texas
    Ricky
    I just checked in and see things have changed here. I've moved on from my old Panny G1 to first a Sony A33, then the A77 and now have a Sony A99. Which forced me to acquire full frame lenses too.

Sure glad to see the new forum.

:biggrin:

I have a website now, www.razzledazzleart.com and my FB page goes by the same name.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    nice to see your smiling face again, Ricky. Looking forward to you sharing your images here again (hopefully).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Hi Ricky - long time! I think you were alread shooting with the Sony SLTs when you were last here - I remember trying one and you'd given me some advice based on your own experience. Interesting you've moved to full frame. I'm using the same sensor you have in the A99 in the RX1 and tried it in the Nikon D610 for a bit, but ended up going with a Nikon Df, which has a lower resolution, lower DR sensor, but with incredible low light capabilties. Not that the A99 sensor doesn't have great low light, just not AS great. I like your web-site, particularly some of the barber shop and old general store shots you've got.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  4. texascbx

texascbx SC Veteran

Jul 10, 2010
    Canton Texas
    Ricky
    Thanks for the kind comments. I have a friend in our photography guild that has a Nikon 7100 and that sensor rivals mine big time. I think it's a Toshiba sensor. These are exciting times for photographers as far as hardware.

I wish Sony would make a 99 with the new 12Mp full frame sensor. I might have the last of the full frame SLT breed though not counting the 77M2.

Can you imagine a Nikon 24Mp or even a 12Mp full frame with a killer EVF and a mount unchanged so you could use all the available Nikon glass? I can.:biggrin:

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I can IMAGINE all sorts of stuff! When someone makes it, then I think about whether to buy it or not... I wouldn't mind being able to use Nikon glass on a mirrorless full frame, but only if it was notably smaller than the current Df and D610, neither of which are particularly big. Whether that's doable or not I guess we'll find out in time.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Long time. Good to see you back!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Good to see you, Ricky! Your website looks great!

• Like Like x 1