1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Camera bag/pouch for LX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic/Leica Forum' started by fixxer77, May 1, 2013.

1. fixxer77

fixxer77 New to SC

May 1, 2013
    Hello all,

I recently purchased an LX7 and I'm looking for a bag/pouch for it, something that will hold the camera and that will make it easy to get it in/out of it. I'm hoping to use it while hiking, so I will attach it to my belt or backpack strap. I'm having a really hard time finding a bag that fits the LX7 right. I'm using the JJ auto-lens cap which adds more dimension to the profile of the camera.

My question is, what do you use to carry the camera? Horizontal pouches look like they would be easier to deal with.

I'm looking at the OP/TECH USA Soft Pouch Zippeez
    Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Soft Pouch Zippeez - Medium Black: Camera & Photo

or the Kata L Digital Flap-Pouch KT DL-DF-410-V
    Amazon.com: Kata L Digital Flap-Pouch KT DL-DF-410-V: Camera & Photo

Any thoughts/input?

2. ricks

ricks SC Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
  3. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    I have a great leather one I got from China but I can't find one like it domestically. I will photograph it tonight. I got it n eBay. Not an "ever ready" style case but something different.

4. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I went through a couple of cases for my LX5 until I found these ones which I absolutely love. I think it fits the LX7 too.

It comes with a strap so that I wear it over my shoulder. The lid is held down by a strong magnet which makes it really easy to reach for the camera for quick shots. The case itself is hard-ish so provides more protection than a soft case. When a friend of mine bought an LX5, I bought one of these cases for her too.

Leather camera case bag pouch for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 LX3 LX1 new brown | eBay

Por Leather Case Bag For Panasonic lumix DMC-LX5 LX5 LX3 Brown Coffee NEW | eBay

Leather camera case bag for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 LX5 LX3 Leica D-Lux4 D-Lux5 | eBay

5. Azon

Azon SC Regular

Mar 15, 2013
  6. fixxer77

fixxer77 New to SC

May 1, 2013
    Thank you all for the replies, keep them coming!

I tried the leather form fitting case but it didnt fit right with the auto-cap plus it's not convenient for hiking use. I'm planning on attaching the case to a backpack strap or to my belt so I need a case that has a belt loop with velcro so that I can attach the case without having to take off my belt/strap. If the case comes with its own removable strap, that's a plus as I could use it when I'm not carrying a backpack.

I'm leaving for Scotland in 2 weeks so the time is not enough to get items on Ebay shipped from overseas.

Does anybody have any experience with the Kata or the OP/Tech cases that I mentioned on my original post?

Thanks again!

7. entropic remnants

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
  8. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Do any of these great leather cases for the LX7 include space for an extra battery and memory card?

9. fixxer77

fixxer77 New to SC

May 1, 2013
    I just tried this case at OfficeMax, it's a bit painful to use with the LX7 + auto lens cap :( It wont work I'm afraid. One thing I found with all my research is that the zippers from the Case Logic bags are the easiest ones to deal with.

10. entropic remnants

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    The case I posted has no compartments for batteries and cards. It's just a "holster" like case to put the camera in.

I don't like small zipper cases -- too easy to scratch the camera getting it in and out.

11. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Per you latest PM to me, this is the one I use with the LX7 and I THINK its probably the medium size. Either it or the larger one would work.

bike handlebar bag by ramboorider1, on Flickr

The belt loop thing on the back is used here to grip the shifter cables and keep it all stable. I think it would work fine on a decent sized belt.

-Ray

12. ean10775

ean10775 SC Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Seriously Ray? By securing the bag to your shift cable housing you're compromising your shifting performance! What's next, throwing a $3 UV filter on top of the RX1's Zeiss lens? ;-)

13. daveyboy123

daveyboy123 New to SC

Apr 14, 2013
    Teignmouth, Devon
    Hi all,
    I am also in need of a case for my LX7, and it needs to fit with the JJC lens cover. Does that case you have accommodate the JJC lens cover John(entropic remnants) ??

Cheers

Dave

14. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Nope, no performance hit - barcon shifters, pretty much bullet proof.

-Ray