1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

Canon 50mm F1.9 Serenar, Leica Thread Mount

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Brian, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    For sale is a Canon 50mm F1.9 in Leica Thread Mount, EX condition. This lens was made ~1949. Glass is near perfect, blades look good. I cleaned the glass surfaces, tightened the collapsing mechanism, and lubed the helical. Focus is smooth, aperture is smooth.

This lens is a “Planar” design, 6 elements in 4 groups. Better performance than a Leica Summar, and THIS one is closer in performance to a Summitar- I have had two of those.

Price: $160 shipped within the United States, $175 anywhere else via First Class International. $190 via International Priority Mail. Paypal, Personal Check, Money Order. ($5 discount for check/money order.) I reserve the right to hold shipment until check/MO clears. Return policy: returns must be made within 10 days, refund for the price of the item will be given after receipt. Postage cost is not refundable. Front cap and rear cap included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best way to contact: Use the regular PM system, on the upper right side of the page.

At F1.9 on the M8:

[​IMG]

100% crop:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

at F4:

[​IMG]

More pictures here:

Canon 50mm F1.9 Serenar - SeriousCompacts.com Gallery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.