Canon Canon EOS M deals

Compact system camera (CSC) has changed the digital camera market over the past four years, but it seems as if Canon is never going to join the fray. Inevitable finally happened, though. The Canon EOS M is the first CSC. It introduces a new lens mount called EF-M, and use the 18-megapixel sensor is the same as the Canon EOS.

Compact system camera (CSC) has changed the digital camera market over the past four years, but it seems as if Canon is never going to join the fray. Inevitable finally happened, though. The Canon EOS M is the first CSC. It introduces a new lens mount called EF-M, and use the 18-megapixel sensor is the same as the Canon EOS.

Umm, yeah, the EOS M has been out for almost a year now.

This was a good deal. I tried it but ended up returning the EOS M. I thought the criticisms of the EOS-M a bit exaggerated. The camera seemed very well built, had a heft etc. The 22m lens I got was good and IQ pretty decent -- on a par with Canons other APSC offerings. However, I really wanted the EOS-M + 22m as a P&S replacement. For me it was still too big to grab and go. The 22m lens, good as it is, protruded sufficiently to make the camera too 'front-heavy' for me requiring 2-hand operation to steady it a capture the image. -- martin

Yes, the M requires 2 hands, but at $300, it's still my main (only) CSC currently, and fills the roll very nicely.

Back