Canon Canon G1X in Tasmania

This was actually my first visit to Tasmania, and I really liked the place. Cities like Hobart and Launceston have some wonderful old architecture, and there is so much natural beauty as well. We only spent about a day in Launceston.

I remember when I was in Tasmania. When I first arrived, Hobart seemed like a decent little town. After a few weeks driving around Tasmania where most towns are a gas station and a general store, Hobart felt like a metropolis when we got back.

These are all amazing photos mate. You really changed my perception about this camera. All of these photos are excellent on clarity and contrast. Specially the food shelves one .. brilliantly exposed and composed.

Thanks for sharing!

That camera seems like a wonderful tool for the kind of reasonably sedate all-in-one travel shooting you're doing with it. It sounds like it might be a bit slow for my wants, but, jeez, the output from it is fantastic for what's still a relatively small all-in-one solution. better idea than a DSLR with a kit lens for anything other than action shooting I'd say. Hell, the output from it is fantastic PERIOD!

Thanks Ray,

I think that the G1X takes me back of my preferred DSLR setup of having a zoom lens. I never really liked prime lenses until I started using Micro 4/3, and I haven't really connected with any of the zooms in that system. In that way the G1X makes a great companion to the E-M5. To be honest, with the exception of scenes of extreme contrast and low light (where the G1X's lens speed is a handicap), in my eyes I have to give a slight nod to the Canon for the "look" of the images it produces.

Thanks for posting these, loved all the boat/ship ones. This really shows off the camera. The images and colour seem very "clean" to me and quite restful from the usual bright images that we've become used to :)

Thanks Christina, yes there is a difference that I can see about the way the G1X handles colours. This is also true of my old EOS 50D which I tried using again just recently.

These are all amazing photos mate. You really changed my perception about this camera. All of these photos are excellent on clarity and contrast. Specially the food shelves one .. brilliantly exposed and composed.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Naveed, it does cause me to wonder what I might want to do if Canon expands the EOS M range with some more lenses and bodies...

Back