1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Canon lenses on the XPro1

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Boid, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Have some Canon lenses lying around?

Canon EOS EF mount lens to Fujifilm Fuji X-Pro1 XPro1 X Pro 1 FX Camera Adapter | eBay

On using an 85mm (135mm equiv)

X-Pro 1 with Canon EF 85mm lens (5 photos): Fujifilm SLR/X100 Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Bigger lenses look ridiculous, but hey it works.

Canon EF "L" lenses on Fuji X-Pro 1 (photos): Fujifilm SLR/X100 Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

The downside? Well apart from looking a bit touched in the head, MF only and here's the kicker, you need to pre-set the aperture on a Canon camera, since Canon has done away with the aperture control ring on their EF lenses.

2. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Do you think there will be a mount to use the X-Pro1 lens with Canon?

3. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    Boid, the adapter you are linking from ebay is for Canon FD lenses, while the other links refer to Canon EF lenses.

4. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Ah ok. Just noticed that. Had too many windows open, must have pasted the wrong link. Thanks.

5. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    No problem, I just thought I should mention it to prevent a possible confusion / wrong purchase.

6. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Same Wife, Same Christmas Tree, New Lens Adapter

Another thread bump - Whimsically I just purchased this lens adapter - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENPYMLG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    since I have some Canon EF glass I use on my Canon 5D bodies. Ya know, the results were more impressive than I expected. Here's a shot , (Yup, same tree, same wife :wink:), shot with the adapter and the inexpensive Canon EF 50/1.8 sometimes referred to as a disposable lens or as the "nifty fifty". The focus assist magnifying ability on the XE-1 was very helpful especially with the very limited depth of field.
    I thought you might enjoy seeing the results.
    . . . David

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2