Canon S-90 vs S100?

Discussion in 'Canon Forum' started by MrDoug, Feb 13, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug SC Veteran Subscribing Member

Is the S-100 worth the upgrade over the S-90 or S-95? and if so, why? your opinions are appreciated..
    Thanks,
    Doug

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  3. MrDoug

Hi BB..yes I saw that...thanks.. but just wanted some opinions of the folks on the forum..who may have hands on experience.. etc..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    From what I have read the S100 seems to be worse than the S95 for image quality. Whether you would be able to see this or not is down to the viewer. Many have gone for the S95 over the S100. I do miss my S95!

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrDoug

Hmmmm.. that is strange that the S100 seems to be worse.. oh my..

6. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    It's apparently only a tiny bit worse. I have had a play with a s100 and took some test shots. I was pretty impressed but still maintain that the s95 is a tad better. The s100 is a fully fatured camera and should be better in low light than the s95 so i suggest you take an SD card to a shop and have a play, take the images home and have a look and see if they are good enough.

7. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Unless you really need an 24mm equivalent focal length or better video, I would not upgrade. Apart from that there are not enough differences to justify an upgrade.