Canon Survey Gauges Interest in Mirrorless Compact System Cameras

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Canon sent out a survey to assess interest in, amongst other things, mirrorless CSCs. More on this story at Canon Rumors via 1001 Noisy Cameras

My guess is that Canon has long been at work developing CSCs. Perhaps they will introduce the first CSC system based around the 35mm format.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    If Canon really does come into the market place, it should prove very interesting.
    I dream of a Canon G9 that I can use my M lenses on....
    Mmmm, mmmm
    • Like Like x 1
  3. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    I agree that Canon has to have been working on some sort of mirrorless camera. They've lost a lot of ground to m4/3 and the nex system which seems to have a big winner with the NEX7. Give me a canonet rangefinder style camera with relatively small (smaller than nex) interchangeable lenses and make it full frame or atleast aps-c and you'll have my money ;-)
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    For me, this news is very, very good, and yet very, very bad at the same time...
  5. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    This is all I've been waiting for, but I think it's like 2 years out.
  6. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    There is a new high end Canon video camera out soon and on the advertising image there is a camera in the background the the letter 'C' on it. Now I have not seen the ad so can't comment much but we recon it's the new CSC from Canon.....possibly??
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
  8. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Yeah I think that's the one. I don't have time to find the image at the moment and I have never seen it and was just told about it yesterday.