Cape Cod, MA

serhan

Hall of Famer
I finally post some of our 4-day vacation photos from Cape Cod in Oct, esp for BB:

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

More at Cape Cod, MA Photo Gallery by Serhan at pbase.com

Thank you, serhan! I feel like jumping in the car and driving up!

Your photographs show the versatility of your E-P3 and lenses, that's for sure. Of course, I'm in love with the basking seals and my other favorite is the 9th one because you're giving us such a straightforward and classic view of what a beautiful blue sky day is like up there on the Cape. However, each of these gives a great feel for the place and I'm sure you've got many more from your trip. The decrepit pier is excellent in B&W and I'm intrigued by the old boat house/fishing house with the photographs on the outside - what was going on there, serhan?

Thank you very much.

All of the photos are taken with E-P3 except the beautiful sky one and the B&W pier shot which were taken by nex 5 & Voigtlander 12mm. I had the sky shot also with the Sony 16mm lens, but the VC lens gives much better/contrasty colors. For the pier, I tried to find a different look. I think all of the shots are direct jpegs.

The big photos are on the Fisherman's Wharf in Provincetown. We were very interested also, so we talked with the gas service guy over there. He said the building is empty though they tried to renovate or use it. The photos are the Portuguese-American women living on the island. The town was found by the Portuguese immigrants and many of women lost their husbands at the sea. Per wikipedia, they were photographed by Norma Holt and hanging there since 2003.

Thank you, serhan! I feel like jumping in the car and driving up!

Your photographs show the versatility of your E-P3 and lenses, that's for sure. Of course, I'm in love with the basking seals and my other favorite is the 9th one because you're giving us such a straightforward and classic view of what a beautiful blue sky day is like up there on the Cape. However, each of these gives a great feel for the place and I'm sure you've got many more from your trip. The decrepit pier is excellent in B&W and I'm intrigued by the old boat house/fishing house with the photographs on the outside - what was going on there, serhan?

Very interesting back story, serhan - thank you! I have some good friends who are Portuguese and will let them know about this place and send them a link to your photograph here. You clearly had a great visit up there.

Oh goodness, now I have itchy feet again. I spent 2 months on the Cape (Sth Wellfleet with a friend who has a house on Drummer Cove) and just loved it there. I felt completely at home. The worst of it though is that I hardly took any photographs, I was so busy gawping, and enjoying, I didnt do the proper thing. Thanks for this reminder of the beauty of the Cape :)

Capes are very nice indeed. My wife wanted to move there since she is from a sea town, but we have to live in a place where the jobs are...

Oh goodness, now I have itchy feet again. I spent 2 months on the Cape (Sth Wellfleet with a friend who has a house on Drummer Cove) and just loved it there. I felt completely at home. The worst of it though is that I hardly took any photographs, I was so busy gawping, and enjoying, I didnt do the proper thing. Thanks for this reminder of the beauty of the Cape :)

Thanks Amin. I like that one myself also. I should print a few of these when there is some sales on pro print labs.

Back