Sony Carl Zeiss 24mm f1.7 lens for NEX

Its part of Sony's roadmap, so the lens isn't rumor, but the timing is. Pretty strong rumor, but rumor still. There was word on the rumor sites a month or two ago that it would be available within the next two to three months, which would mean about now or soon. We'll see.

-Ray

Amin: Deff on it's way but as said, not sure when. I know that the NEX 3 camera has stopped being made and the 5 will probably follow. There is supposed to be NEX 4 to replace the 3 and 6 to replace the 5 but when this will be i have no idea. The lens should be part of the small selection coming out hopefully soon.

Don: AF all the way baby!! Whoop Whoop! :whoo:

I feel the Nexian excitement buildup!:dance4:

Well i hope we're not let down by long delays. It's already been far too long without 3rd party lenses for the Nex and i hope Sigma, Tamron, Tokina etc come up with some goods soon but the zeiss is THE one for me!!! (providing it's good!!)

Andy, ya made my day.
I'm all about AF ... I'm a lazy MF guy.
I depend on AF for accuracy & speed.
This lens will be the Lens of all lenses ever created or will be.
I hold my breath waiting for this. Can you imagine this on a Nex...
Oh' my.... Worlds will change ...

Anyone have a link to an official Sony NEX lens roadmap? Some of the rumor sites have been less than reliable.

I haven't seen a "road map" but I recall seeing some photo of mockups. Like Andy said, there were about five mockups.

So far, the AF system in the NEX's 24mm and 18-55mm have been pretty good. No front or back focusing that I've experienced. I haven't seen any rampant reports of bad focusing either.

The speed of NEX's AF system is also very good. In good light, I can't tell the difference between the NEX3 and the GH2.

LOL! I think whoever created the photo mislabeled the lens as a mere F2.

That's of course assuming that there's a "real" lens that supposedly is F1.7.

Maybe this will make you feel better.

sar_zeiss_24mm1.jpg

oh no.... you can't pull that on me....Bro'...
I am waiting for the 24mm 1.7 not some slow 24mm 2.0.

Back to work Armanius.... Find the right lens.....

Nice to see a black NEX lens to match my black NEX body. This past weekend I enjoyed using the LCD swiveled up to frame looking down. But IMO the NEX seriously needs an EVF. I just can't get along with always framing by LCD. Also, those larger lenses in the road map picture are going to benefit from being able to hold the camera at eye level.

Definitely not the size of a 35 Cron!

I read somewhere that the lens on the front row, far right in the photo, is about the same size as the kit 18-55. If that's true, the Zeiss 24/1.7 is also roughly about the same size as the 18-55, but with a larger diameter.

That's better my brother... Now I'm smiling...
It looks big doesn't it. I was thinking 35 Cron size..
Hmmmmm

I get the feeling (and this is just my speculation) that we will never see an EVF for the NEX3/5. My bet is that Sony will make a new NEX with built-in EVF. If Sony releases an EVF, it may cannibalize the sales of the new NEX with built-in EVF as a lot of people would likely not buy the new NEX and just buy the standalone EVF. That's just me guessing though. I hope I'm wrong!

Nice to see a black NEX lens to match my black NEX body. This past weekend I enjoyed using the LCD swiveled up to frame looking down. But IMO the NEX seriously needs an EVF. I just can't get along with always framing by LCD. Also, those larger lenses in the road map picture are going to benefit from being able to hold the camera at eye level.

Back