Carl Zeiss

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
Don't normally get too excited about new gear but hot on the heels of the NEX6 announcement and the new lenses Carl Zeiss have now announced that they will be making fully functioning primes for both NEX and Fuji X mounts. Happy days if you have the cash. The 12mm looks the most interesting of the bunch.

All those people complaining about the lack of lenses for NEX are running out of arguments:) Now they'lll have to complain about the lack of cheap lenses for NEX instead.

That's if we ever get them!! We are STILL waiting for the 24mm f1.8 for NEX! I saw 1 once and that was it!!

Have to accept to pay more in the used market, unforunately, that's what I did to get one, paid more than normal price for a used one... but I'm very happy with it now that I've got it.

Have you tried a Sony store? Our local one usually has most things on stock and get new stuff in pretty quickly.

I don't really take pictures outside the 40 to 70mm range. I would be happy with a 50mm equivalent and current Sony 50mm. Quandry: so do I keep my Nex 5N? Buy the Sony 35mm if the reviews are good, sell it later when the Zeiss 32mm comes out if the reviews are satisfactory?

Very cool news!

I don't really take pictures outside the 40 to 70mm range. I would be happy with a 50mm equivalent and current Sony 50mm. Quandry: so do I keep my Nex 5N? Buy the Sony 35mm if the reviews are good, sell it later when the Zeiss 32mm comes out if the reviews are satisfactory?

That's what I was wondering (Sony 35mm vs Zeiss 32mm). I will have to wait to see how they perform, but I am guessing that the OSS on the Sony will be useful for me, and that its performance will be good, assuming it is similar to the Alpha DT 35/1.8.

I really hope the wide angle is great, with good corner sharpness and better handling of CA/PF.

I can see where the macro makes sense, but I hope they also bring out a great portrait prime.

Back