1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Cassis

Discussion in 'Sigma DP Forum' started by Billdad, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Billdad

Billdad SC Regular

Oct 4, 2014
    Taken in Toulon of an ex French seaman looking for hand outs, Can any DSLR match the quality of the DP3 Merril at its best lighting condition.[​IMG][/url]Cassis by chorkie-dad, on Flickr[/IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Well done.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Well, yeah, the 36mp sensors with the right lens can match it and the 24mp come pretty close - arguably close enough not to matter. But no question the DPM series punches WAAAAAAY above it's weight if you're ok with it it's limits and processing the files...

Awesome shot, BTW!

-Ray

4. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    Yes.
    The Sigma SD1 :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arup Roy Chowdhury

Arup Roy Chowdhury SC Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    Actually the DP Merrills have given medium formats run for their money in terms of IQ and this is something even my DSLR A7R with Zeiss 50 1.4 cant match. Its the pop factor.

6. Billdad

Billdad SC Regular

Oct 4, 2014
    Agree, I have just purchased a D610 Nikon and even the 50m 1.8G cannot match the DP3

7. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    That is a incredible file. So much detail. Within their narrow functional window, I am a believer. Would love to borrow one.

8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    The effect reminds of the old sharpening technique in Photoshop using the High Pass Filter on a duplicate layer and overlaying it, but there was a very fine line between just enough and too much and particularly so with portraits.