1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

CAUTION- hacked threads???

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by AZK9lover, Sep 14, 2013.

1. AZK9lover

AZK9lover SC Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    Chandler, AZ
    Stan
    To SC members, I just sent a PM to Amin and Luke to notify them of new threads from today with Japanese only characters. They are very suspicious for hacked threads. I first only noticed one, opened it up to find all foreign script and an embedded link. I didn't click anything and left the thread, and then realized that there were multiple ones.

Just a warning to avoid those threads unless they are ok'd by Amin or Luke, especially with the recent hacks.

Stan

• Like Like x 1
  2. monk3y

monk3y SC Regular

Aug 12, 2013
    Japan
    Steven
    I don't think those are Hacked threads... they are probably just spammers spamming around. Just report them as spam.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Right. Hit that little triangular report this post button whenever you see something like this.

Thankfully we have more members than spammers and can nail them, if we report them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AZK9lover

AZK9lover SC Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    Chandler, AZ
    Stan
    Thanks for the clarification- with the recent site hack, I wasn't sure what to make of them, and forgot about the spam button (thanks for the reminder). Sorry if I overreacted...:blush:

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Hey, better a little over reaction than no reaction. Well spotted!

• Like Like x 1
  6. monk3y

monk3y SC Regular

Aug 12, 2013
    Japan
    Steven
    Yeap indeed better to overreact a bit and protect the community :smile: cheers!!

• Like Like x 1