Changes in the forum moderation team

Discussion in 'Site Information' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I am sad to announce that our admin Don (Streetshooter) and our super moderator Olli will be leaving the moderator team here at Serious Compacts. Both are leaving for personal reasons and have indicated that they plan to remain involved as members on the site.

These forum leadership positions are more work than they seem, and they are completely voluntary (no financial remuneration). I want to take a moment to thank Don and Olli for their very generous contributions to the site. Both will be missed on the moderator team, which now consists of BBW, Bill (bilzmale), and myself.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Thanks much Olli and Don!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Both of you two, Don and Olli, will be greatly missed for all your hard work and help, but I am very glad you're planning on staying involved in our SC community. If you weren't we'd have to send a posse out after you both!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    I haven't been a member long but I do know how hard moderators work, thanks fellas!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. adanac

adanac SC Veteran

Sep 30, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Thank you Don and Olli both for your service and thank you to the on-going moderator team. This is a terrific forum made better by folks like you who toil both behind the scenes and contribute out front.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Wow! Big changes. Don and Olli, I hope you're both well and really will be sticking around, even if in a less official role. I've always NOTICED you more as participants than "officials", so I hope we won't notice a huge difference, but I'm sure those jobs involve a lot that most of us never see. So, thank you for what you've done and thank you Amin, BB, and Bill for carrying on...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    thanks to those departing and thanks to those staying on. This forum is a sweet little oasis.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. myBest

myBest SC Rookie

Apr 11, 2011
    Thanks Don and Olli, hope you still participate and your presence won't be missed.
    Amin, BB and Bill, please keep this cosy site comfy... appreciate all the hard work!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf SC Top Veteran

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Wow, please don't leave you guys. You don't know how much you've motivated me to dig inside to see what creative juices I may have. I like it around here and hope to continue to get feedback from the two of you!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Thank you Don. Thank you Olli.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Thanks to Don and Olli. Real life intervenes and I know how much work there is in being a forum mod and admin (been there, done that, avoid it as much as possible).
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Thank you Don and olli. As already said you have both made a great contribution both up front and behind the scenes. Glad to hear you both intend to remain involved as forum members and every best wish for what the future holds for you both.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    Thank you both for all the work, I know it's more than one might think. I hope, the remaining mods can cope with the additional workload.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks to both Don and Olli for the hard work.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    Thanks everyone. Your kind words are appreciated.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Who'd be a moderator, eh? Thanks Olli and Don, I hope to still see you both as regular contributors here.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks Don and Olli for all your hard work. Hope things are well with you both!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. silverbullet

silverbullet SC Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Thank you so much Don and Olli. Not only learning by seeing I did, but also learning by reading.....especially Don gave a lot of input of spelling and phrasing which I never learned at school........and may have forgotten after 50 years... ;-)

For me and other friends here both must stay, their visual impact through photographs is indispensable. How!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Perfectly put
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Thanks both. I haven't been a member here long, but I have been made to feel very welcome by you and others. I do appreciate that moderation is a hard row to hoe and I wish you both the very best in your personal lives. Good to get the priorities right!
    • Like Like x 1