cheapo impulse buy suggestions (all about Buffs)

Did you choose anything yet? you know I have a buff thing going on just now, you also know that I'm a bit of a Star Trek and Dr Who geek. Though definitely more Star Trek than the old doc. In the single in challenges I usually have to revert to being creative with toys and while my geek might not be your geek, if you did want to give it a go, then kiddies toys and calendar backdrops can help you on these long, arduous winter challenges!! Just a thought. It's a cheap hobby too!

Last edited:
I'm definitely getting a Buff. I just haven't had time to decide which one yet.

Here's a recommendation for others who find themselves in a similar dilemma. A few weeks back, we had several bird strikes on our large front windows. 2 of them resulted in birds with broken necks. I felt terrible about it and vowed I would do something to stop my house from killing those beautiful little birds. I added a few of these to an order and affixed them to the windows as soon as they arrived. We have not had a single bird strike since. I can't recommend them enough. They're relatively see-through and don't bother my view at all, but the birds are able to see them and the window looks less like a mirror reflecting back trees and sky.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096UUSPC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
We could do with them at work. A fair number of sea gulls have been smacked to death by our windows.

I added to my post above. I'm stuck in a supermarket on the outskirts of Edinburgh waiting for a lift. I'm trying not to look suspicious. Been here for over 2 hours!

Back