Color Efex Pro 4

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
I just happened to be over on Mu43 and found: Color Efex Pro 4 - Released - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

It sounds pretty darn good. Here's a link to their press release: Nik Software, Inc. | Company

Two versions of the software will be available: The Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition contains 55 filters with a suggested retail price of $199.95. The Color Efex Pro 4 Select Edition contains 26 filters with a suggested retail price of $99.95. Upgrades to the Complete Edition from any edition of versions 2.0 or 3.0 are $99.95. Customers who purchased Color Efex Pro or a Complete Collection bundle on or after August 7, 2011 are eligible for a free upgrade. Registered customers will be emailed instructions for accessing their free software. To order Color Efex Pro 4, visit Color Efex Pro 4 or call Customer Service at 888-284-4085.

I wonder why I/we haven't gotten an email from Nik, if we're already using their software.:confused:

Well, I love the Color Efex Pro that I have now, so I am sure I'll be even more in love with this version. Need to check out the details and figure out when I bought my original package!

I had pre-paid for an upgrade and got my email yesterday. Very much worth the upgrade price of $99.00 (USD), imho. Additional filters, history feature, ability to add image frames, ability to stack and add filters without leaving the program, and a feature to save the filters into a "recipe" for later use are the most notable improvements I see so far. I hope that the add filters features makes it into Silver Effects Pro at some point. I think I will need to take one of Nik's free webinars to totally grasp the new features, but overall, they seem pretty intuitive.

I'm currently trialing Color Efex Pro 4. It's more complicated that Silver Efex Pro simply because there are far more options and choices. Need to spend some serious time with it over the next 2 weeks.

Biil, thank you so much for reminding us to use that mu-43 promotion code!:clap2:

P.S. Just went and bought it, downloaded it and have tried it out - briefly. It is different and certainly moves faster. As with any new software, I'm sure it will take a while to pick up on the differences and get used to them. Maybe I'll finally take a video lesson!

I am currently trialing Color Efex Pro and I'd appreciate any advice on how people use it. It's more complex than Silver Efex Pro. I have not decided yet whether to purchase it or not. So, any recommendations appreciated.

I know it comes down to personal preference in image processing, but I'd still like to hear how others use it. I am interesting in simply processing color image for basic changes as well as funkier processing. Thanks.

This is what I did before buying the complete set of plugins from Nik. I went to their website and watched a bunch of the different online videos they have on their different apps. This helped me a lot in understanding how each one worked and the power each was capable of. The new Color Efex Pro 4 is unique to past versions and the other plugins in that it will now allow you to stack filters. Before you could only edit the image with one filter and had to save the file and then open it again to use a different filter.

Here's a link to their website with their Color Efex Pro 4.0 videos:

http://www.niksoftware.com/learnmor...#/color-efex-pro-4-overview/0/31/0/0/0/page:1

Updated Color Efex Pro 4 on December 20, 2011

Update on Color Efex Pro. This came to me a a little while ago via email.

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Color Efex Pro version 4.001 (Mac & Windows). This free update includes important compatibility and language updates and bug fixes for issues customers have reported. If you own Color Efex Pro 4, this update is recommended.

Click on the link below for your operating system and version to download Color Efex Pro 4.001. Once the software has been downloaded, run the installer. We recommend that you uninstall your previous version(s) before installing your new software. The installer will automatically attempt to locate and install into the correct locations for each host application.

Color Efex Pro Version: 4.001 - Release Date: 12/20/2011
This update contains:
Support for Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 10 (including Mac App Store℠ version)
Brazilian Portuguese language support
Important bug fixes related to the software and crashing in specific situations
Improved installer and uninstaller
Performance optimizations within some filters

Viveza 2, Silver Efex Pro 2, and HDR Efex Pro have also been updated with support for Photoshop Elements 10 and Brazilian Portuguese. Log in to your account with your email address on the Nik Software website to download these updates if required.

Back