color emphasis

Discussion in 'Herman's Genres' started by davect01, Jun 26, 2011.

• Like Like x 1
  1. mmacleodbrown

mmacleodbrown SC Regular

Oct 10, 2010
    London
    I have this on the canon - it's great fun..

• Like Like x 1
  2. I remember on my point and shoot Canon. If I recall you actually indicated which color you wanted emphasized. On the NEX it has four preset colors; Red, yellow, green, and blue.

3. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Cool - it's kind of like the Silver Efex selective color option - at least to the viewer. I have no idea how it works in camera!

5. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Thanks BB, in camera you just select which color you want to keep and it does away with the rest for you. You get to select the range of tones, for example deep dark blues to lighter more sky blues, that you want to keep too. Its not perfect though, and you have to find a good subject I guess, otherwise you get some colour elsewhere, like a little bit behind the boat. In that case I use the desaturating brush in LR to tidy up :)

6. jim_khoo

jim_khoo SC Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    does this work on the epl2 and ep3?

7. Looks like it turned out very well. Really like the red signs, not so sure about the blue boat.

8. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Not quite sure Jimmy, the K5's got the feature in camera, but I don't know abt the olympus cameras, if you have Light Room 3 you could also do this by desaturating the colours you don't want and use a brush set to desaturate.

Thanks Dave, I agree, the sign display was just right for it. I guess I don't like the boat that much too, think I shd have taken a better angle/perspective on it when i took the photo, and probably higher contrast in my pp.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    Oh crikey! I didn't realise the NEX had this mode..must have try asap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Not sure if these two work as well as the red signs one, but I wanted to emphasize the performers. maybe the first one is better:

[​IMG]
    IMGP4587 by VinceChu89, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMGP4585 by VinceChu89, on Flickr

11. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    [​IMG]
    IMGP4595 Color Extraction ver by VinceChu89, on Flickr

Hmmm this needs more space to the right, and to lose the coffee stirrer, and then to have some kind of text advertising starbucks on it lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. nursenicole

nursenicole SC Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    Boston
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/nursenicole/6006548524/" title="P8010276 by nursenicole329, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="709" alt="P8010276"></a>
    ISO 250 1/500 F1.8

xz-1 + Aperture 3. Provincetown, MA

• Like Like x 2
  13. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :drinks: Nice work, Nicole!