Critique Wanted Color or B & W

Oops, I've missed a couple here!

Malcolm, for your two of the passage way, although I do really like the greens and the detail of the tree's leaves in your color version, I believe the lighting as a whole makes your B&W version much more powerful - especially in regards to the dramatic sky and that wonderful highlighted area of the bare treetop and the wall on the upper right - so B&W is it for me for theses two.:th_salute:

What do you both think? Which did you prefer or lean to and why?

I prefer the B&W as it reflects better the age and abandonment of this old 19th Century fort which is slowly decaying away.

I thought I had replied to this but obviously I haven't!

For greyelm's archway I prefer B+W, gives it a bit more gravitas and depth, also the light in the colour one draws your eye to the grass whereas in B+W I tend to see the darker bits more prominently, so it works better for me.

For mine - I have a few of the grasses, and I liked that this one seems to work well in B+W. I love the colours and lazy afternoon feel of the original, but am pleased to have the option of using the conversion if I like for a bit of variation amongst the others. I just really wanted to know that it works, I think.

Back