Colour Efex

christilou

Legend
I'm just starting to use this trial but I can't seem to get the photos to go into the Colour Efex window. I'm dragging the pics from the LR3 Library viewer into the icon (I have them to my left hand side of the screen). It seems to be very hit and miss, mostly miss! I can't get LR to run the application as a plug in and after I've saved the photo in Colour Efex, CEFex shuts back down and the picture reappears in the LR3 Library window. Each time I want to transfer another picture I have to re-open the CEF window and start all over again. There must be an easier way than this!!!! I haven't looked at any tutorials yet as I prefer to have a "play" first to get a feel for the app.

Christina

mine loaded OK as a "plug in" - with "no problems" and the install was very quick

to use it I "right click" on the image which brings up "Edit in"

Then select plug in and the image opens in a new (Color Efex) window

mess around in Color Efex and then save and it's back in LR

If I remember correctly when I installed the original app, (on my Mac), you had a choice "to add as a plug in"etc.

Maybe you should "uninstall" and reinstall and see if you have any luck

Oh thanks, I wondered about re-installing YET again! Have done it twice so far, it comes up with the compatible apps as LR and PSElements but every time I try to add it as a plug in it comes up with the error message! I may have to leave it until my prospective son in law comes over and sorts out my Mac. My poor old MacBook is very slow anyway and needs replacing. I'd like to get an i-mac next time although I think it will just encourage my pixel peeping tendancies!

Color Efex runs as a plug in on my MacBook Pro in Lightroom without any issues, granted it's an uber MacBook Pro and only about a year old. I hope you will avail yourself of getting that new computer, Christina...you will LOVE Color Efex. Once you get it up and running please let us/me know, OK?

Back