Nikon Coolpix A lens profile in LR5

tallahassee

Rookie
I was all exited about getting the new LR5 as it has the Coolpix A lens profile, but I couldn't install it as I still run Windows XP on my computer.

I have been using the Nikon 18-300mm lens profile so far and I am happy with the results, but I was wondering if any of you guys has LR5 and has used the lens profile for the A, and how does it

compare to the 18-300mm profile?

Thanks very much!

I'm not sure about that. It's pretty much a given that it corrects its jpeg files, right? Well, I've shot a few test shots in raw+jpeg, opened the raw and jpeg versions and switched back and forth and couldn't see ANY difference in any type of distortion. Whereas when I'd apply some other lens profile, like another Nikon 18.5 lens, the difference was quite obvious. So I'd say its either including correction data in its raw files, or it's not correcting its jpegs. I'd say the former is far more likely.

-Ray

I'm not sure about that. It's pretty much a given that it corrects its jpeg files, right? Well, I've shot a few test shots in raw+jpeg, opened the raw and jpeg versions and switched back and forth and couldn't see ANY difference in any type of distortion. Whereas when I'd apply some other lens profile, like another Nikon 18.5 lens, the difference was quite obvious. So I'd say its either including correction data in its raw files, or it's not correcting its jpegs. I'd say the former is far more likely.

-Ray

Ray are you using the preset for the 18.5 in LR5 OR LR4.4?

Back