Critique Wanted Corel PaintShop Pro x4 photo - would like feedback please

My first picture with the replacement x10 that I just received. I experimented a little with Corel PaintShop Pro x4 and and most of the data is stripped. The files size is only 1.1 MB, so something happened after it left the camera and was processed by Corel PaintShop Pro x4. It is not suitable for a large image, but I kind of like the result at web sizes. I would like some honest feedback if you think that here is too much post processing going on. I need to figure out how to save the file with all of it's data intact next time.

Jake-XL.jpg

My first picture with the replacement x10 that I just received. I experimented a little with Corel PaintShop Pro x4 and and most of the data is stripped. The files size is only 1.1 MB, so something happened after it left the camera and was processed by Corel PaintShop Pro x4. It is not suitable for a large image, but I kind of like the result at web sizes. I would like some honest feedback if you think that here is too much post processing going on. I need to figure out how to save the file with all of it's data intact next time.

2472-corel-paintshop-pro-x4-photo-would-like-feedback-please-jake-xl-jpg

Love the shot, what a cutie :)

As far as the data is concerned... I was able to get some from the shot, using FXIF, a firefox plugin..
Camera Maker: FUJIFILM
Camera Model: X10
Image Date: 2012-01-18 16:31:26 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 7.1mm
Aperture: f/2.0
Exposure Time: 0.020 s (1/50)
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Copyright:

Was there more that you wanted?

dbarnett, the only possible negative I see from a post processing point of view is that maybe it's a little over sharpened? I don't know anything about Corel, but I do detect some strong outlines around the edges of such things as your son's two shirt sleeves, his fingers, etc. Other than that, he's such a cutie, it's difficult to not smile.;)

Thanks Sue. I was concerned why my original file was reduced from 3.3 MB down to 1.1 MB. It is nice to know the the EXIF information was still there. I had a chance to look at this picture on a much bigger and better LCD and I can see that the photo has been sharpened to much. I guess there is a learning curve to PaintShop Pro.

Back