1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cost to replace X10 lens?

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by Deer_Dodger, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Deer_Dodger

Deer_Dodger SC Rookie

Jan 2, 2013
    Does anyone know the cost to replace the whole lens unit for the X10 in the UK, including labour and parts please?

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I'm genuinely not being funny when I say Fuji UK... They will give you a written quote and not proceed without your express permission.

Sent from another Galaxy

3. Fiddler

Fiddler SC Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Colin
    I had the lens assembly of my X100 replaced by Fuji UK, but it was still under guarantee. Very fast turn around. Are you outside the guarantee period?

4. Deer_Dodger

Deer_Dodger SC Rookie

Jan 2, 2013
    Sadly yes, and I'm trying to work out whether just to throw away or send off to fix.

I'm getting a focus error and it sounds like the focus motor / drive mechanism is physically damaged as it clicks and whirs.

I'm assuming it needs a whole new lens unit and that will cost a couple of hundred pounds and I can almost buy a new X10 for that.

5. Deer_Dodger

Deer_Dodger SC Rookie

Jan 2, 2013
    I've just found the same problem online that someone was quoted £307 from Fuji to fix!

Camera is now scrap, I can buy a new X10 for £279

6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    As I began reading the thread I was going to suggest it might not be worth the repair. I've discovered that my Olympus XZ-1 isn't as OK as I thought it was after I dropped it... and I am not getting the repairs done. Its going to have to be scrapped, also. Not sure what I'll do next. Can't afford another camera for a long time.

7. Deer_Dodger

Deer_Dodger SC Rookie

Jan 2, 2013
    Whilst my initial thoughts are how terrible it is that it costs more to fix a camera than buy a whole new one, I guess the flip side is that cameras are actually comparatively cheap to buy. At least that's how I'm trying to justify this situation to my wife!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Good luck with that!