Crew of Bourbon Perido perform "Africa" on the ship in Equatorial Guinea in West Africa.

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by TheRubySusan, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    I don't watch a lot of videos but a friend shared this one and I find it strangely moving. If you didn't "grow up" with this song, it probably won't affect you the same way. It came out in 82, so I was out of school but I hadn't hit 30 yet.
    I'm sharing it on this site because even though it's lip-synch and a video, many of the shots strike me as being set up like stills. You'll see if you watch it.
    AND if you have ANY interest in knotting, watch the closing credits - well, the guy next to the closing credits. He's working the slack out of a monkey's fist knot and boy, is he good!

Requesite photo ID to follow - keep that bouncer away for a few more minutes!
    • Like Like x 6
  2. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    That is pretty cool. A favorite song of mine from "the old days".
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Oh wow, I loved that. The guys looked like they had so much fun, the video was well done, and its still a favourite of mine, even though its so old (in fact I made it into a ringtone on my phone, I use it for alarms :))
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. monk3y

monk3y SC Regular

Aug 12, 2013
    Damn nice video of a nice song :D I love that song although I was born the year it was released haha
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Ok yeah that was very good.
    • Like Like x 1