Cycling to Uni

Discussion in 'Color' started by akulya, Oct 3, 2011.

1. akulya

akulya SC Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    Just getting settled in the new house, away from home and still finding my feet.
    Luckily the weather is nice, so I've decided to cycle while it is still pleasant to do so.

Today was the first proper outing I've given the camera since arrival, so this is a vignette of my day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All with the M8 and c-sonnar.

It felt great to let off a bit of steam and just cycle, shoot, cycle, shoot. I'd forgotten just how much hard work university was.

• Like Like x 2
  2. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Nice series. I didn't realise students get up that early:smile:

3. akulya

akulya SC Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    undergrads might not, postgrads do. :wink:

4. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Really? Things have changed. When I did postgrad stuff back in the last millennium I set my own times - in conjunction with my supervisor of course. Since he wasn't at his best in the mornings I generally enjoyed a gentle start to the day but ended up working into the wee hours - something I find I can no longer do.

5. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    are we looking at the Brizzle Channel here Kal ?

6. akulya

akulya SC Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    This is actually the Thames, and the North Sea. I've got one of the Bristol Channel somewhere though, I'll dig it out.

7. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    A move from one side of the country to the other then ... lovely shots by the way

8. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    These are lovely Kal, views like that would even inspire me to get on my bike. Hope you are settling back into Uni life, hard work but great fun to be had too.

9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Kal, I must have been engrossed elsewhere and missed this whole thread. First of all, I hope you've settled in where you've moved to and that your studies are going well. I'm sure it's been a huge change for you and yours.

These pictures have the flavor of the seaside...not just because they were taken there, but there's something crisp and strong...and the lighting is strong and wonderful, especially in those last four... Keep photographing - your pictures will be your memories of this time of your life. Since I'm more than a few years older than you, I know from experience how time flies.

Feel free to use this thread as your own mode of photographic transportation, so to speak.

10. akulya

akulya SC Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    Cheers BB :)
    I'm on a reading week now, so I've made it back home for a few days.
    Spending some time exploring some of the Cotswolds again, and enjoying it before I have to head back.
    [​IMG]
    Cirencester

[​IMG]
    Feeding Cygnets

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    It's easy to see why and how you're enjoying your time, Kal - and I think you and your Leica have become one. That is the Leica, yes? Your sweetheart is beautiful.

P.S. I am making my way through your other photos on Flickr right now.:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  12. akulya

akulya SC Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    Yeah, I'm getting used to the M8 now.
    It's not always easy - but I've come to think that's half the point.

Sometimes it sings.

My wife lets me use it sparingly, so long as our outings stay "outings" and not "shoots" she's happy to have the moments recorded :)

• Like Like x 1