1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

Datacolor Spyder4Pro for $99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    The Datacolor Spyder4Pro is a highly rated display color calibration solution selling for $50 less at B&H than at Amazon or Adorama.

I was trying to pick between the $79.99 "express" version (1 computer, 1 display only) or the $149 "pro" model, and B&H made the decision easy by selling the pro model for $99.

<strike>Unfortunately they are backordered, but you can buy now at the sale price, and they will ship when stock arrives.</strike>

Update: Back in stock and sale price is still good :2thumbs:.

Link: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/0/Ntt/EMB714DHYXZ/BI/1848/KBID/2491

2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I use a Spyder3Pro (just the previous iteration) which cost me about the same a couple of years ago.

The before/after with an uncalibrated vs.calibrated screen is quite amazing. If you are more than mildly concerned about how you view and present your images, starting off with a calibrated screen gives you the best shot at having other people see them as you want them to be seen. I think Datacolor do a whole suite of calibration products (printing as well) so you can set up a fully calibrated workflow from capture to print, if that's your bag.

[This was an unsolicited testimonial, not brought to you by any sponsor]

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Tempting to upgrade from my Spyder 2 Express. Thanks for sharing the link.

4. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

Thanks.. I trade up .. 99 was a good deal to me.

Gary

Sent from my iPad using SeriousCompacts

5. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    I could not agree more with what Paul said. A well calibrated monitor is essential, particularly if one intends to print (or have someone print) one´s images. I have a fully color managed workflow, but have opted to use my printer´s canned profiles, as I have found them to be quite good and accurate.

I own the Spyder 4 pro, and a Spyder 2 before that. I have nothing but high praise for both. I only upgraded from the Spyder 2 because they stopped upgrading the software, and it would not run without Rosetta. Once Rosetta went, the Spyder 2 went as well.

Cheers,

Antonio

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    D**n - I'm in too.

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I was too late to the party. Its back up... but at $169 now.

8. ptan55

ptan55 SC Regular

Nov 19, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for sharing. I got it just before the price went back up.

BTW, if anyone is buying an Atamos Shogun, you get a free Sypder if you were to pre-order before July 31st 2014.
    http://www.atomos.com/shogun-preorder/