Datacolor Spyder4Pro for $99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    The Datacolor Spyder4Pro is a highly rated display color calibration solution selling for $50 less at B&H than at Amazon or Adorama.

I was trying to pick between the $79.99 "express" version (1 computer, 1 display only) or the $149 "pro" model, and B&H made the decision easy by selling the pro model for $99.

<strike>Unfortunately they are backordered, but you can buy now at the sale price, and they will ship when stock arrives.</strike>

Update: Back in stock and sale price is still good :2thumbs:.

2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I use a Spyder3Pro (just the previous iteration) which cost me about the same a couple of years ago.

The before/after with an uncalibrated vs.calibrated screen is quite amazing. If you are more than mildly concerned about how you view and present your images, starting off with a calibrated screen gives you the best shot at having other people see them as you want them to be seen. I think Datacolor do a whole suite of calibration products (printing as well) so you can set up a fully calibrated workflow from capture to print, if that's your bag.

[This was an unsolicited testimonial, not brought to you by any sponsor]
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Tempting to upgrade from my Spyder 2 Express. Thanks for sharing the link.
  4. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

Thanks.. I trade up .. 99 was a good deal to me.

Sent from my iPad using SeriousCompacts
  5. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    I could not agree more with what Paul said. A well calibrated monitor is essential, particularly if one intends to print (or have someone print) one´s images. I have a fully color managed workflow, but have opted to use my printer´s canned profiles, as I have found them to be quite good and accurate.

I own the Spyder 4 pro, and a Spyder 2 before that. I have nothing but high praise for both. I only upgraded from the Spyder 2 because they stopped upgrading the software, and it would not run without Rosetta. Once Rosetta went, the Spyder 2 went as well.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    D**n - I'm in too.
  7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    I was too late to the party. Its back up... but at $169 now.
  8. ptan55

ptan55 SC Regular

Nov 19, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for sharing. I got it just before the price went back up.

BTW, if anyone is buying an Atamos Shogun, you get a free Sypder if you were to pre-order before July 31st 2014.