1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

DAY 1: The Most Magnificent Serious Compact Photo Challenge - August 2013

Discussion in 'Image Quest' started by Briar, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Post your first picture below and don't be afraid to comment and generally be silly!

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Looks like I might be the first post (4 hours from the international date line :biggrin:). Not going to follow any order so this is submitted as Pretty Ugly. I find that rust can be beautiful.

9412482281_8c0f204a40_b.

3. Gitana

Gitana SC Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Okay, she said we could be silly so this is a bit... Taken with the iPhone so technically not a real cam but it is what it is...
    My coffee was UNRECOGNIZABLE as a latte because of all the TEA dregs in the bottom!
    ImageUploadedBySeriousCompacts1375368097.217397.

Irene,
    Have camera will travel & shoot!

4. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Day 1

stuck together - literally metaphorically photographically

5. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Organized Mess

In the midst of building a deck chair from left over materials. Parts, of a cast off recliner, and used oak shipping pallet. When it's complete, I will add a picture in this post. Not in a hurry. It will take a while.
    Most of the desks, tables, etc., are re-purposed, from stuff that other people were throwing away.
    And yes, I do mostly know where everything is. :smile:

[​IMG]

6. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Stuck Together

August 1st.
    WTF, this ornament found 'stuck together' on an otherwise plain 20XX white Ford...
    Found in a grocery store parking lot and I only had my iPhone...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/90403539@N08/9415541693/" title="Winged Hood Ornament by donlaw200, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="1024" alt="Winged Hood Ornament"></a>

7. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    "A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules from the Centre of the Ultraworld"

It was suggested by stillshunter (Mark) that I submit this as my entry for #9 so here it is. With an X100 hand held where I work.

9408567661_b5f14b7982_b.
    Fuji X100 Test: Pausing for Breath by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules from the Centre of the Ultraworld

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/isoterica/9415840797/" title="SC Photo Challenge Aug1 by ISOterica, on Flickr">"1000" height="662" alt="SC Photo Challenge Aug1"></a>

Go ahead, YOU tell him he isn't!

[This is Cricket, he is an 11 month old Sun Conure and he IS all of the above AND more! He will tell you so too! And while some of you may think that this isn't a very creative choice, again I have to say, YOU tell him!]

9. ivoire

ivoire SC All-Pro

Dec 3, 2011
    chicago burbs
    mike
    Very tasty Organized Mess

Attached Files:

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Kristen, that sun conure is gorgeous....is he yours? My first job was at a pet store in charge of the birds and the fish. If we didn't have 2 cats, there would be birds in this house.

11. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I thought I would sit this challenge on sidelines, just enjoying the submissions of others.
    But as I was waiting for my daughter in the park today, I noticed one of the prompts on the tree next to me.
    Now I'm wondering should I continue to shoot the rest with my phone as I did with "UNRECOGNIZABLE".

PICTOGRAMAX_-_2013_-_AUGUST_PROMPTS_-_02_-_UNRECOGNIZABLE.

12. pictogramax

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    John, your job is anything but boring - opening giant skulls to inspect pulsating brains. Whoa!

13. pictogramax

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    donlaw, I love the interpretation of STUCK TOGETHER.

14. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    Yes he is Luke! My husband nearly insisted on him as a gift for me for Christmas. [Gift or Job??] His head was still mottled with baby conure green but almost all of the green is gone from his crown now as his adult feathers are coming in. Also his flight feathers, because the breeder clips them once the bird learns how to fly so that they can warm up to their new owners, are starting to grow in again. The blue ones. However he is so rambunctious that he often knocks them out and has snapped a couple and scared us. They bleed when they are still growing in. Cricket.. a sound he made when he was a baby.. is a genetically confirmed male who can speak his name and a few other words we've carefully selected as conures don't have the vocabulary grays or the other larger parrots do. He's rambunctions.. loves showers [yes he has a perch for in the shower] and a very determined chewer so has lots of toys we rotate around. My cat, she's old, doesn't care and thus far the turtle hasn't said much either ;) Cricket, at least from the murmurings in bird circles that I've overheard, would like to rule the universe one day. Right now though he's mastering the house.

15. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
  16. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Wow! I thought it was a still frame from "Alien Autopsy", lol! Cool!

17. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    You get the disturbing shot of the day Karen, particularly since I've been watching shows about science, aliens and alien spacecraft!

18. pictogramax

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Are you sure they are stuck together, Karen? His pulsating brain seems gone?

19. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I had forgotten how many great photographers there are here....you're all usually so busy talking about cameras, I forgot you're pretty good at using them, too.

20. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    Glad you joined in Milan, love your pov in photography [and your processing!]