DAY 1: The Most Magnificent Serious Compact Photo Challenge - August 2013

Looks like I might be the first post (4 hours from the international date line :D). Not going to follow any order so this is submitted as Pretty Ugly. I find that rust can be beautiful.

9412482281_8c0f204a40_b.jpg

Okay, she said we could be silly so this is a bit... Taken with the iPhone so technically not a real cam but it is what it is...
My coffee was UNRECOGNIZABLE as a latte because of all the TEA dregs in the bottom!
ImageUploadedBySeriousCompacts1375368097.217397.jpg

Irene,
Have camera will travel & shoot!

Organized Mess

In the midst of building a deck chair from left over materials. Parts, of a cast off recliner, and used oak shipping pallet. When it's complete, I will add a picture in this post. Not in a hurry. It will take a while.
Most of the desks, tables, etc., are re-purposed, from stuff that other people were throwing away.
And yes, I do mostly know where everything is. :)

Organized_Mess.jpg

Stuck Together

August 1st.
WTF, this ornament found 'stuck together' on an otherwise plain 20XX white Ford...
Found in a grocery store parking lot and I only had my iPhone...

9415541693_c19342d61f_b.jpg

A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules from the Centre of the Ultraworld

View attachment 73214

Go ahead, YOU tell him he isn't!

[This is Cricket, he is an 11 month old Sun Conure and he IS all of the above AND more! He will tell you so too! And while some of you may think that this isn't a very creative choice, again I have to say, YOU tell him!]

I thought I would sit this challenge on sidelines, just enjoying the submissions of others.
But as I was waiting for my daughter in the park today, I noticed one of the prompts on the tree next to me.
Now I'm wondering should I continue to shoot the rest with my phone as I did with "UNRECOGNIZABLE".

PICTOGRAMAX_-_2013_-_AUGUST_PROMPTS_-_02_-_UNRECOGNIZABLE.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kristen, that sun conure is gorgeous....is he yours? My first job was at a pet store in charge of the birds and the fish. If we didn't have 2 cats, there would be birds in this house.

Yes he is Luke! My husband nearly insisted on him as a gift for me for Christmas. [Gift or Job??] His head was still mottled with baby conure green but almost all of the green is gone from his crown now as his adult feathers are coming in. Also his flight feathers, because the breeder clips them once the bird learns how to fly so that they can warm up to their new owners, are starting to grow in again. The blue ones. However he is so rambunctious that he often knocks them out and has snapped a couple and scared us. They bleed when they are still growing in. Cricket.. a sound he made when he was a baby.. is a genetically confirmed male who can speak his name and a few other words we've carefully selected as conures don't have the vocabulary grays or the other larger parrots do. He's rambunctions.. loves showers [yes he has a perch for in the shower] and a very determined chewer so has lots of toys we rotate around. My cat, she's old, doesn't care and thus far the turtle hasn't said much either ;) Cricket, at least from the murmurings in bird circles that I've overheard, would like to rule the universe one day. Right now though he's mastering the house.

You get the disturbing shot of the day Karen, particularly since I've been watching shows about science, aliens and alien spacecraft!

Back