Day 12 - Silver September 2013

Actually got out of the house today and took myself up to the top of Mt Sugarloaf. Sadly it was so hazy, the long shots of the city with the Nikon werent that flash. I did get this butterfly though, having morning tea on a Banksia. I'll post the colour version in nature. Had to play with colour filters a bit for this one.

View attachment 76090
Butterfly on a Banksia by kyte50, on Flickr

I wandered into the main (biggest) local church yesterday.

Window detail

DSCF2835NBW_800.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The church houses a small collection of 14 charcoal sketches by a local artist Will Roberts. 1908 – 2000.
The Theme of these sketches is Stations of the Cross which I admire for their force and their humanity.

This is No 13 Christ being taken down from the cross. In Colour as it has more edge.

Taken_Down_800.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The woman's look on the right makes the picture really work! Great capture.

Just curious Joe -- where you waist-level shooting? It looks like it was wide angle?

Thanks mate. I shot this crouched down a little and using rear LCD. Used the GR here so yeah, fairly wide at 28mm eqv...the untouched frame was quite busy so I did crop a fair bit, probably ended up closer to 35mm/40mm after the crop.

Rough grazing

Summer seems to have suddenly ended, no play of light and shadow today. Not particularly happy with this one, but nothing much stood out of the shoots taken before I began a day of scrub clearance on a nature reserve.

130912-DP1M0252-b_w.jpg

DP1M

Barrie

Orphan, the new cat in the house, has Achilles under his thumb, dashing forward yowling every time Achilles tries to come out of my bedroom. I shut Orphan up in "his" room to give Achilles some breathing space while I ran some errands and came back to find Achilles on the couch downstairs. I thought he was begging to become a test subject for my loaner camera, a Nikon Coolpix S4000. Achilles thought the Monkey Girl should take the camera and go away!
9734160268_74db70fa74_b.jpg

Achilles thinking... by rubyj29, on Flickr

Orphan, the new cat in the house, has Achilles under his thumb, dashing forward yowling every time Achilles tries to come out of my bedroom. I shut Orphan up in "his" room to give Achilles some breathing space while I ran some errands and came back to find Achilles on the couch downstairs. I thought he was begging to become a test subject for my loaner camera, a Nikon Coolpix S4000. Achilles thought the Monkey Girl should take the camera and go away!
9734160268_74db70fa74_b.jpg

Achilles thinking... by rubyj29, on Flickr

:D Love this shot, so full of catitude.

Back