1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

DAY 19 Golden October

Discussion in 'Image Quest' started by Lightmancer, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    If you've got 'em, post 'em :)

Sent from another Galaxy

2. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    [video=youtube;AWAsI3U2EaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWAsI3U2EaE[/video]

• Like Like x 3
  3. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Seafood Giovetsi

Seafood_Giouvetsi_800.

• Like Like x 5
  4. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Dry Spider

She/he, is still hanging around this morning. Working on the web a bit it seems.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Mushrooms near Upper Klamath Lake

Went on a long trip into central Oregon where the volcanic Cascades mountains and the high desert plateau seem to dominate everything. In a beautiful and harsh and very isolated area above Upper Klamath Lake - which in the 19th Century was one of North Americas great inland seas before being systematically drained for the benefit of potato farmers - I literally stumbled across this wild mushroom clinging to a downed tree.

10356391084_71877e31a9_b.
    Mushrooms by La Chachalaca FotografĂ­a, on Flickr

• Like Like x 8
  6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    ^ Chris that is a painting I really like it

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    Earlier this week I got a (very!) part time job at the local library to begin Nov 1, and also stumbled over a good deal on a Canon Powershot SX160, which seems, from our get-acquainted hike at Starved Rock, a local state park, to pretty much be equivalent to the late lamented Konica Minolta Dimage Z3, except that, instead of the controls being hidden away in menus that turn off about the time I figure out what I want to do, one dial controls pretty much every function pretty much at random. However, I have faith that soon I will be able to change the shutter speed instead of putting the camera on self-timer.
    In the mean time, I give you the maple tree that was more lovely last year, as the guide of the Starved Rock Photo club assured us. It's blurry because I threw my hands up and went back to "Program" with exposure compensation (I think) after the second time I wound up on self timer. NO, WAIT. I wanted you to see the noble maple standing stalwart against the winds of oncoming winter. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    10373334676_9373e5577a_o.
    The Maple at Starved Rock State Park by rubyj29, on Flickr

Thumbnail
    10373334676_82cecec232_t.
    The Maple at Starved Rock State Park by rubyj29, on Flickr

• Like Like x 8
  8. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    No golden photos today. So, here is composite I did with the Ipad combining three photos. Started with a photo of my daughter's eye and added two cloud images.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  9. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    ^ Super Don

Now what other PC programs allow you to do that ?

10. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    • Like Like x 6
  11. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    i am sure you could do the same thing using photoshop. But the ipad apps make it simple and fun. I used two free apps, Multiexpo and Snapseed to make eye and cloud composite.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    This is hastily roughed out in Photoshop Elements 8. This might be the way to start in Adobe. I've never changed blending modes before, but I watched a tutorial the other day. I don't know why more blue was taken out of the top than the bottom of the sphere - maybe because the bottom of the sphere is darker to begin with. The sky layered over the grave marker, blending mode changed from "Normal" to "lighten> lighter color" and everything outside the sphere hastily erased before the layers were merged. I couldn't find blending modes in Irfanview or Gimp. There are a bunch of "apps" now for Chrome, I bet some of them will work like the mobile apps. There's a collage maker for Android, "Tangler" that you might could adapt for this.

Grave marker
    10388050644_18c2832503_z.
    globe-1 by rubyj29, on Flickr

Sky
    10388238883_698f518d75_z.
    Sky-1 by rubyj29, on Flickr

Rough Composite
    10388058185_5d069265f1_z.
    Composite-1 by rubyj29, on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
  13. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular